Sunday, October 29, 2023

Farm News - October 29 , 2023

 

I can't believe that October is almost over.  Seems like it just started yesterday.  It's been a wonderful and eventful month, but I don't quite know that I am ready for Christmas yet.  Although I have already been doing some shopping.  One of my coworkers, who has quickly become a good friend, came into town over the weekend.  We had a movie night out back Friday evening and then when she stopped by Saturday, we did a bit of shopping and then watched the American Horror Stories which just dropped on Hulu this week.  

So, the big news is we added to our family.  It was a rather quick decision, but I do feel it was the right one.  Apollo has been happier the past week than he has in a long time and even though we knew he was lonely and missing Cassius; we had no idea how much.  Having a 10-week-old pup is a lot of extra work and while working at home is great for his adjustment, it does wear me out because I'm constantly "on" and have little to no down-time.  He full name is Ezekiel Kwon but we've been calling him Zeke and Zekey.


I've been doing some reading but will be honest, this week has been kind of a slow down with everything going on.  I need to focus on It today through Tuesday and hope I can get it finished.  If not, it might roll over to the beginning of November.  I am also trying to cram in "Sheets," a graphic novel, to check off another prompt from my October challenges.

I have received a few digital ARCs the past few weeks which I am really stoked for.  I featured "Indian Burial Ground" just this week and if you remember, I just featured it on a Feed Your TBR post this past week so that was exciting.  I also couldn't believe I was actually approved for "The Invocations" since I'm sure it will be quite popular and I don't always have the best luck with the publisher, Penguin.  Angry Robot's "Thirteen Ways to Kill Lulabelle Rock" is also one I've been seeing around, and I can't wait to get to it.


Also, Kindle has been having some "Stuff Your Kindle" days lately.  On the 25th it was cozy mysteries, on the 28th it was witchy books and thrillers and coming up on the 31st is horror.  I've managed to grab quite a few freebies.  

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.  Look for another review or two this week, and another movie/TV show feature since Spooky month is ending and we are still watching quite a bit of content.  Until then, thanks for stopping by Booker T's Farm!

15 comments:

  1. I'm glad Apollo is so happy with the new edition to your family. He and Zeke sure look cute together. Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I look forward to more Zeke updates. This is certainly the season for your favorite genres but I don't read much of them.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that pick of Apollo and Zeke is so adorable! They are so cute laying there together. I hope they end up really liking each other and don't fight a lot when the little one gets bigger.
    I haven't heard of any of the ARC's you got...lol. Hope they are good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pic of the two dogs together is lovely. And it's great that you have put Apollo's happiness before you - because a puppy is SUCH hard work:)). Have a great week, Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, that picture of the dogs together is so sweet! Love it! So glad Apollo is happy with his new brother. I just started American Horror Stories last night and the first episode was really good! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new addition! That pic is adorable! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw congratulations! And yay for Apollo having a new buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the new addition! I don't know that I would have the energy for a puppy right now but they sure are adorable. It is great that Apollo is smitten with him. I hope that you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a sweet photo of Zeke and Apollo! I'm so glad you have a new pup. It's definitely a challenge but it's getting easier every day too. I didn't know Indian Burial Ground was available to request, I might need it. Have a great week, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute puppy! I've been stuffing my Kindle and adding to my review stack too this past week. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to the new family addition! They are adorable. I remember having a 10-week-old puppy. It is so much work. Hope you are able to create at least a little down time for yourself.

    I've been trying not to download any Kindle freebies lately. Will power is not my strong suit.

    Hope you enjoy your week. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your new pup! That's such a cute pic. Happy reading and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Helllo, Ezekiel Kwon! 🤗 So cute, and I'm happy Apollo is so happy being a big brother! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you got a companion for Apollo, even if a new puppy is a lot of work. (Kudos to you for taking that on!) I totally missed the cozy mystery stuff-your-kindle day, but I did pick up one witchy freebie on the 28th. I'll have to do better at spotting the freebie days when they come along.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on the new addition to your family! :)

    ReplyDelete