Sunday, October 8, 2023

Farm News - October 8, 2023

 

So, I think Fall has definitely arrived. The past two mornings we've woken up to temps in the 30s and 40s.  I know we are due another brief warmup at the end of the week, and really the temps are bad, but it is a sudden shift from earlier this week when it made it into the 80s.  

I've been reading and watching all things spooky and all things football.  My Thundering Herd lost their first game yesterday, but it happens, and it was close at 41-48.  Our other two teams, Florida State and Georgia had impressive wins so it's all good.  I'm getting ready to leave Tuesday morning form my work retreat.  I'll be back late Wednesday evening so it's not too bad, but I just am not a fan of staying away from home.  Mr. Barb is on vacation all week, so he has Apollo duty and then Apollo has a vet appointment on Friday.

I managed to finish two books already this weekend and will be reading on It today and tomorrow.  Mr. Barb and I both have three-day weekends since our state is celebrating Columbus Day.  I think I'll be starting Beastly Bones and Slime Doesn't Pay! next.


Tonight, I think we will watch the new Pet Sematary:Bloodlines and I'm hoping to cram in Totally Killer on Amazon Prime before heading out to training.  Thanks to everyone who are keeping Apollo on your thoughts and prayers.  He is doing fine so far and having a blast with Dad home for 10 days straight.  Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend as well as Spooky Season!



14 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - WHAT temperature swings! How do you cope?? I suppose living on a relatively small island evens out our temperatures a lot. Glad to hear Apollo is doing well so far - and I hope the break away from home isn't too trying for you, Barb. Have a great week:)).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a week ahead with changes in routine, the holiday, the overnight and his vacay. I hope your trip goes smoothly and Apollo has a good report.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might do the new Pet Sematary too! Although I am going to probably go see the new Exorcist movie this afternoon. I'm looking forward to a few nights away from home for a conference in a few weeks. Hope you have a good week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your retreat goes well, but that doesn't sound fun to be away from home. I hope Apollo's vet appointment goes well. We've been having some nice fall weather, were it isn't too cold yet, but the slightly cooler temperatures are nice. I hope you'll have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that Apollo is doing well. Hope your training goes great!

    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read Pet Sematary but, never seen the movie.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been cold here too all of a sudden. Got in the 30's last night. Had to turn the heat on. good luck with your retreat, hope it goes well. Enjoy the long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate leaving home too, lol. I can't imagine anything worse than a work retreat, but I guess if you like your coworkers a lot, it's not bad. Enjoy all your spooky movies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your temperatures sound like ours. I hope you enjoy your retreat. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw the new Pet Sematary movie over the weekend. It was good. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am finishing reading, "Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine" by Gail Honeyman. It is a touching and beautifully written novel that explores themes of loneliness, trauma, and the power of human connection. The story's quirky and complex protagonist, Eleanor Oliphant, is both endearing and relatable. As readers follow her journey, they will find themselves immersed in her world and rooting for her personal growth and happiness. The novel combines humor, heartache, and hope in a compelling narrative that keeps you engaged until the very end. Overall, it's a highly recommended read for those who enjoy character-driven stories with emotional depth.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm looking forward to the cooler weather. The weather has been so up and down. I considered reading IT for about a minute but then my husband told me about something that happens in the book to warn me and it's a big nope for me. I've enjoyed other books by King though and still have quite a few of his I hope to get to someday.

    I hope the retreat goes well. I don't think I would excited about it either. Take care and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We've been holding steady in the high 50s low 60s and it's been in the high 40s at night, so I haven't had to turn the heat on yet. 😃 I'm hoping to make it to November 1st! 😁

    ReplyDelete