Thursday, October 19, 2023

It's Movie Time!

 


Part of what I love about Spooky Season is watching scary movies.  With the weather growing colder and the nights getting darker much earlier, it's the perfect time of year.  Since we've watched quite a few lately, I thought this warranted its own post.  



Daryl Dixon - AMC

I'll be the first to admit the last few seasons of The Walking Dead had me supporting the end of the series because I think they kind of fell flat.  I was unsure about this spin-off but let me be honest, this spin-off renewed my love affair with Daryl and the season ending episode - CLASSIC!  Can't wait to see what Season 2 brings but please, can they give this character a bath?  This promo shot is the cleanest he looks all season. All 6 episodes are now streaming.


 
Dark Harvest (2023) 
I have never read this book because I've heard it can be kind of slow but I did really enjoy the movie. Sawtooth Jack is pretty creepy and I liked the historical feel of it.  I figured out the twist pretty quickly but it didn't ruin my enjoyment of the movie.

HERD (2023)
This movie was a completed dud for me.  It was marketed as a film with tons of zombies (I mean, come on, it's called HERD) but it ended up being a love story with a side of zombies and a healthy dose of bigotry,  I'm not opposed to any of these (well, I am VERY opposed to bigotry so I hope you know what I'm trying to say) but it was NOT what I was expecting.  It may work for some people though so if you are interested, give it a try.


Creepshow Season 4 (2023)
I know that if you only get AMC, these are coming out week by week.  But on the AMC+ app, you can at least watch the first six episodes now.  We are about 3 episodes in and I am already enjoying this season more than the last one.  Each episode contains two tales and I will say the first episode is probably my all-time favorite ever.  "Twenty Minutes with Cassandra" is a must-watch and I never knew I could love a wine-drinking, philosophical killer rat so much in my life!

So there you have it.  I hope to do one more post like this before the month is out so let me know if it's something you enjoyed.

Happy Watching!

4 comments:

  1. Daryl Dixon is the best! Definitely my favorite character from Walking Dead. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I am going to have to check out Daryl Dixon! He was the best part of TWD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have the book Dark Harvest but I haven't read it yet. I would like to see Creepshow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to finish watching The Walking Dead. I think my library has all the DVDs. I didn't know there was a Daryl spin-off. 😯

    ReplyDelete