Thursday, January 4, 2024

2024 Reading Plans/Challenges

 

  

So, I have spent some time thinking about my reading plans/goals for 2024 and although they are ALWAYS subject to change, and in fact, probably will, for now, I think I have a decent grasp of what is going on.

First of all, I will be continuing my buddy reads with Stormi.  I really enjoy our laid-back approach to them, and they are quite the motivator to get books read.  We are either in the middle of or starting some great series so look for some reviews of the Bill Hodges/Holly series by Stephen King, the Jackaby/Rook series by William Ritter, the Harrison Investigations series by Heather Graham (and its numerous spin-offs) and Hope's Crossing/Haven Point series from RaeAnne Thayne to name a few.

Next, I am participating in a 6-month series read of the White Trash Zombie books by Diana Rowland.  I definitely want to get into more urban fantasy this year hosted by Anne @ Books of My Heart and COYER.  You can find the details HERE.  I also participate in a monthly horror book club on the TBR and Beyond Facebook page which is hosted by Mel.  Every month there is a new title and then the discussion is the last Sunday of each month.  In January we are reading The Shuddering by Ania Ahlborn.

And finally, my year-long challenges.  I am participating in Library Love, which again is hosted by Anne @ Books of my Heart. You can learn all about it and the awesome prize which is being offered HERE.  I am also doing the What an Animal Challenge after skipping it for the past two years.  It is hosted by Socrates' Book Reviews.  There is a 24 book Horror Challenge being held on one of my Facebook groups which looks fun and pretty informal.  I'll include the prompts below.  And finally, I located a Bands and Book Challenge.  This one contains 140 prompts which are connected to popular bands.  Now I in no way think I will complete this one, but I want to see how I do and since I love music as well, I couldn't resist.  Click on the challenge title for all the details if you are interested because I am not listing 140 prompts! 


So, if you made it this far, those are the plans.  I will DEFINITELY be doubling up on prompts and things and this is all in fun and just to see what I can achieve.  Oh yea, my Goodreads goal is 100 books and I want to do better at tracking on there again, so I guess I am back to being mocked by my good old friend Goodreads once again.  Are you doing anything fun this year with your reading?  I hope to do quarterly updates so keep your eyes open.  Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. So thrilled to have you with us in some of the challenges and Read-along. I just finished the first White Trash Zombie today and I loved it. I bought the whole series on audio but have never read it. I hope you enjoy it.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all sound fun. And I always look forward to your buddy reads with Stormi. And lol, being mocked by Goodreads๐Ÿคฃ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel that challenges help keep reading diversified. I would probably get stuck in a witches books rut and also never read any Nonfiction if I didn't have challenges. Ha! ๐Ÿ“—๐Ÿ“˜๐Ÿ“™

    I prefer my own personal challenges, but I might do the audiobook challenge this year, and I will do Annemieke's MG challenge if she is still hosting it this year. Are you having Puppy Love this year? ๐Ÿ“š

    I have been trying to keep to one book a week, so this year I set my Goodreads Challenge to 52 books. ๐Ÿ™‚

    Good luck on all of your challenges and happy reading! ๐Ÿค—

    ReplyDelete