Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Feed Your TBR - Incarnate

 

Can't Wait Wednesday, which I have adapted to better suit my blog as "Feed Your TBR" is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight highly anticipated books.  It is based on the Waiting on Wednesday meme which used to be hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.
 


September 10, 2024

FROM GOODREADS: In a frozen tundra, a sin-eater fights for redemption and absolution as monstrous creatures ravage a community already struggling to survive.

Sebastian Pana is a sin-eater, a shaman-like figure who can absolve the dead of their transgressions before they move on to the afterlife. But when a tear in the fabric of reality allows hideous beasts to invade the small arctic town he calls home, Sebastian must wage battle with them the only way he knows by unleashing the power of sin itself.

Thus, the stage is set for an epic confrontation between the forces of good and evil, in which a mother monster strives to save the dying land around her—and a young Inuit boy, haunted by Sebastian’s fate, risks everything to forge a new way forward for the desperate vestiges of humanity.

As an obliterating darkness descends from the frozen mountains, this profoundly redemptive tale will build toward a climactic showdown in which nature and the supernatural collide with the eternal quest for healing and forgiveness.

From an author who has been compared to Lovecraft, Bradbury, and Gaiman, Incarnate is a masterpiece of contemporary arctic horror—a dark, unsettling story told in a maximalist voice inflected with powerful notes of hope and grace.

WHY I CAN'T WAIT:  Although I'm seriously questioning why given that I'm sitting here typing this and FREEZING, I love cold weather/artic horror.  This one sounds good and that cover is chilling (pun intended).

WHAT BOOK CAN'T YOU WAIT FOR THIS WEEK????


11 comments:

  1. That cover is so freaking creepy. I can barely look at it haha help

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this sounds crazy, in a good way. That cover is seriously scary! Great choice, I'll definitely be adding this to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really good. I'll have to add it to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is chilling. It sounds like it will be quite the battle. Gonna look into this further. Thanks for sharing it and hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say - that cover doesn't scream warm and cosy... But if you like freezy horror, then it looks perfect, Barb:).

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds intriguing, Barb. I hope you enjoy it! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. An interesting choice! I feel like I’m living in a frozen tundra right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a creepy cover! I love it! Thanks for sharing! I hope you enjoy it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would pick this one up for the cover alone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds intriguing! Good choice, Barb.

    ReplyDelete