Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Feed Your TBR - Red in Tooth and Claw

 


Can't Wait Wednesday, which I have adapted to better suit my blog as "Feed Your TBR" is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight highly anticipated books.  It is based on the Waiting on Wednesday meme which used to be hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.


October 8, 2024

FROM GOODREADS: Faolan Kelly’s grandfather is dead. She’s alone in the world and suddenly homeless, all because the local powers that be don’t think a young man of sixteen is mature enough to take over his grandfather’s homestead…and that’s with them thinking Faolan is a young man. If she revealed that her grandfather had been disguising her for years, they would marry her off at the first opportunity.

The mayor finds a solution that serves everyone, but He hires a gunslinger to ship her off to the Settlement, a remote fort where social outcasts live under the leadership of His Benevolence Gideon Dillard. It's a place rife with mystery, kept afloat by suspicious wealth. Dillard's absolute command over his staff just doesn't seem right. And neither do the strange noises that keep Faolan up at night.

When Faolan finds the body of a Settlement boarder, mangled by something that can’t possibly be human, it’s clear something vicious is stalking the palisades. And as Settlement boarders continue to drop like flies, Faolan knows she must escape to evade the creature’s wrath.

WHY I CAN'T WAIT:  I'm not sure I'm 100% sure about this one but it is one I will probably grab from the library when it releases.  I am curious about what is mangling the settlers and that cover really seals the deal.  

WHAT BOOK CAN'T YOU WAIT FOR THIS WEEK???



10 comments:

  1. I just saw this last week and the cover definitely grabbed my attention. My only hesitation is it's YA, but it could be good. Maybe you'll read it and let me know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I love the look of this cover! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost seems like it could be partially related to Little Red Riding Hood. I'm curious as to what's tearing them up too. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it might be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good one. That cover is scary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one sounds really intriguing. Thanks for bringing it my attention. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thinking this must be a re-release because I had already read it, but same title different book. 😅

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds promising. Faolan has a lot to deal with!

    ReplyDelete