Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday (93)



Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight highly anticipated books.  It is based on the Waiting on Wednesday meme which used to be hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.  






FROM GOODREADS:
A Great Winged One will soon arise and cast his fearsome shadow upon the land. And just as Night slays Day, and Day slays Night, so also shall another Black Witch rise to meet him, her powers vast beyond imagining.

So foretells the greatest prophecy of the Gardnerian mages. Carnissa Gardner, the last prophesied Black Witch, drove back the enemy forces and saved her people during the Realm War. Now a new evil is on the horizon, and her granddaughter, Elloren, is believed to be Carnissa’s heir—but while she is the absolute image of her famous grandmother, Elloren is utterly devoid of power in a society that prizes magical ability above nearly all else.

When she is granted the opportunity to pursue her lifelong dream of becoming an apothecary, Elloren is eager to join her brothers at the prestigious Verpax University and finally embrace a destiny of her own, free from the shadow of her grandmother’s legacy. But she soon realizes that the University, which admits all manner of peoples—including the fire-wielding, winged Icarals, the sworn enemies of her people—is an even more treacherous place for the granddaughter of the Black Witch.


WHY I CAN'T WAIT:  I love anything witchy and can't wait to learn more about the world Forest has created.  The cover is absolutely gorgeous and the book is a whopping 608 pages so I really hope it's awesome!

What book can't you wait for this week?





32 comments:

  1. If you get it I hope you love it with that page number, I haven't been having good luck with large page number books...lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, when I saw the page count, I immediately thought back to "Moon Chosen." I'll need all the luck I can get.

      Delete
  2. Erk...the page count alone is frightening! Most of my reads are around 200-250 mostly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love larger books but have to admit, the past few I've read in that category haven't been all that spectacular.

      Delete
  3. I don't read a ton of witch stories, especially not that long, but I love that cover, and I hope you get it soon.
    Here's my Can't Wait Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. I really do love witchy books.

      Delete
  4. I love stories about witches too, so great choice! That is longer than I usually read, since I don't read very fast, but I may check it out:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you decide to give this a try, I hope you love it!

      Delete
  5. I've been watching for this one. It's on my tbr as a debut and I'm hoping to get a review copy. Great pick! Thanks for linking up too! :)

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love witchy books too. Hope you enjoy it! My Wednesday post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura. Witchy books can be awesome when done right.

      Delete
  7. YES! I can't wait for this one and the cover is GORGEOUS. :D Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we both love it - chances are if one of us does, the other will as well.

      Delete
  8. Oh this one looks good. Thanks for putting it on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This does look quite good and what ana amazing cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is gorgeous - the colors and the feather with the trees sprouting out of it. Awesome concept.

      Delete
  10. I do like a good witchy book as well. That is a big book though. I will have to look for this one. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't resist anything "witchy" either, and this looks like a good one. Sounds like a better "Discovery of Witches" to me :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never read "Discovery of Witches" even though I've wanted to for some time.

      Delete
  12. Carnissa sounds AMAZING! And I like it's focused on her and not a romance -- not yet anyway! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I expect some romance but it doesn't sound like it will be too heavy. Then again I could be wrong and maybe there won't be much at all.

      Delete
  13. AWESOME pick, Barb!! I love a good witchy story myself, from time to time. This one has the word "riveting" all over it! The plot sure is unique, too! I had not heard of this novel, so thanks for featuring it! Heading over to Goodreads to add it!

    Thanks for dropping by and commenting on my "Can't Wait Wednesday" post!! Hope you're having a GREAT week!! <3 <3 :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and I hope I haven't steered you wrong on this one!

      Delete
  14. Agree, very pretty cover! It sounds like a great read. Hope you love it! Great pick, thanks for sharing (:

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm also a big fan of witchy books and while the "feather" covers have been overdone, this one is still quite gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait to read this book, I hope we both love it! Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my WoW earlier. :)

    ReplyDelete