Monday, June 19, 2017

Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag



A few weeks ago I was tagged by Ann and Clare at Dual Reads to do this tag.  I knew I wanted to get around to it, but was waiting until it was closer to mid-year.  Bet that pug is freaking out too!  Anyway, here we go.

1.  Best Book You've Read So Far in 2017

I'd say it's a close tie between these two but "Certain Dark Things" probably has a tad bit of an edge.  If you haven't read either of these, do so now and then send me a link to your gushing reviews (I'm THAT sure you'll like them).

2. Best Sequel You've Read So Far in 2017

I love the Veronica Speedwell mysteries and already can't wait for the next one (which I don't think even has a cover or a title yet but I may be wrong).

3. New Release You Haven't Read Yet But Want To

I can't wait to see what Dru and her friends are up to next.

4.  Most Anticipated Release for Second Half of 2017

It's Stephen King...need I say more?

5. Biggest Disappointment

This book created a phenomenon I now call "The Little Heaven" effect - when you are anxious to read a book, want to love it, but find it boring as hell and it triggers a massive reading slump.

6. Biggest Surprise

I figured the odds were good I'd like this one but I had no idea how much.

7. Favorite New Author

I liked "The Jersey Devil" when I read it last year but "Just Add Water" cemented Shea in the "have to read everything he writes" category.

8. Newest Fictional Crush

Definitely Martin the dog!

9. Newest Favorite Character

Not really a NEW favorite, but definitely one worth mentioning!

10. Book That Made You Cry

Still a huge loss and so sad that such a talented man is gone.

11. Book That Made You Happy

How can a book which feature a dog who thinks he's Elvis reincarnated AND who writes his own chapters NOT make me happy???

12. Favorite Book to Movie Adaptation You've Seen So Far in 2017

They are supposedly making a movie adaptation of this graphic novel series so does that count?

13. Favorite Review You've Written So Far in 2017

It's also gotten the most "likes" on Goodreads.

14. Most Beautiful Book You've Bought So Far This Year

It's hard to tell from the picture but the cover is a collage of all things Prince (pictures, album covers, people in his life, etc) put together to make his picture.

So I'm not really going to tag anyone but if you are interested in doing this, please leave me a link so I can check out your post!




28 comments:

  1. Those first two book do look good! And I didn't know they're making a movie from Chew, but you do have me kinda curious about that series, I remember reading some of your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I haven't heard much about the movie lately. I think it was supposed to be an adult animated film because Glen from The Walking Dead was to voice Tony Chu. I sure hope it's still on as planned.

      Delete
  2. This seems like a fun tag, I may join in! And i don't usually do book tags. And wow, that Prince book is gorgeous:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh. Martin the dog's face is so stinking cute. I'd smooch him. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Certain Dark King - and a Stephen and Owen King collab ... I'm all over that - can't wait for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not read anything by Owen but I am excited for this one.

      Delete
  5. I was so disappointed in Little Heaven as well! Especially since I enjoyed his previous book The Troop. I'm also looking forward to the new Stephen King and also the Doomsday sequel!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Little Heaven will haunt me for a long time. I wanted to love it but it just didn't happen. And man, did it start a slump!

      Delete
  6. I agree with you about Perilous Undertaking and Little Heaven! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it's probably no surprise Little Heaven showed up here huh?

      Delete
  7. I need to read Down Among the Sticks and Bones and Certain Dark Things looks good as well. Fun tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you do. I loved them both and think you might enjoy them.

      Delete
  8. I LOVE Stephen King I'll have to make sure to grab the book when it releases and post it over at the faerie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it comes out in September last time I checked.

      Delete
  9. Ok just done the tag! I like these kinds of tags. I have high hopes for Hunter Shea based on my dad's thoughts on The Jersey Devil and my enjoyment of Swamp Monster Massacre! Your choice for beautiful book is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your tag as well. I thought this was a super fun one.

      Delete
  10. A Kiss before Doomsday is a series that made me laugh out loud when I read the blurb -- I'll definitely check it out~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one was awesome. I love the idea of the 4 horses of the apocalypse as muscle cars and demons.

      Delete
  11. oh man I can't wait to read Certain Dark Things!!! I'm just so afraid to DNF it! Sleeping Beauty is a big "can't wait" here either :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll like it. At least I hope you do since I've mentioned it so much :)

      Delete
  12. I will have to read all of the books on your list (except for the Cutter book!). I'm so glad you enjoyed The Well. I still haven't read it yet but it's on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That pug! LOL. I don't know why I keep putting off Certain Dark Things!

    Ah, yes. The Little Heaven effect...

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cover for that Prince book is absolutely amazing! Lots of great titles on your list. Thanks for sharing them. :)

    ReplyDelete