Thursday, February 10, 2022

2 Bloggers 1 Series - Virgin River

 

 So February was the perfect month to pick up another book from the Virgin River series.  I'm enjoying these books so much and reading one is like visiting old friends.  I can't believe we are over halfway done.  So read on to see my thoughts and then  hop over to Stormi's at  Books, Movies, Reviews! Oh My! to see what she thought as well.


TITLE: Forbidden Falls (Virgin River #8)
AUTHOR: Robyn Carr
PUBLISHER: Harlequin MIRA
PUBLISHING DATE: December 29, 2009
PAGES: 377
SOURCE: Library

FROM GOODREADS: 
Virgin River is abuzz with the news that a stranger bought the town's abandoned church on eBay. The buyer, a young widowed reverend, is a little like the building itself: in need of some loving care.

Noah Kincaid arrives ready to roll up his sleeves and revitalize his new purchase, but he's going to need some help. An ad in the local paper brings an improbable candidate his way.

"Pastor's assistant" is not a phrase that springs to mind when Noah meets brassy, beautiful Alicia Baldwin. With her colorful clothes and even more colorful past, Alicia needs a respectable job so she can regain custody of her children. Noah can't help but admire her spunk and determination, and she may just be the breath of fresh air he needs.

This unlikely duo may come from two different worlds, but they have more in common than anyone would have expected. And in Virgin River lasting happiness is never out of the question. 

MY THOUGHTS: This installment finds us focused on the new Pastor in town.  Noah has purchased the old church in Virgin River with the plans of reforming it to glory and providing a place for the community to gather and worship.  He quickly finds himself in over his head so he hires an assistant.  While Noah needs all the help he can get, he was never prepared for Ellie.  Ellie is trying to get her children back from her ex-husband and she hopes a calm job with the local pastor will change the Judge's mind.  Along the way, Paul comes home from a business trip and surprises Vanessa with the baby of his past girlfriend.  This seriously complicates their future plans and adds some additional drama to the tale.

I loved seeing Paul and Vanessa again but Noah and Ellie are clearly the stars of this tale.  They are the exact opposites of each other but that's what makes them so much fun together.  Ellie has such a good heart and Noah wants to do everything he can to keep her children safe.  Ellie also makes friends with an older couple in town and along the way, helps them mend some fences which have been standing for ages. 

I really do love this series.  Every book brings something new and while I might think I'd be tired of them by book 8, I'm not and I can't wait to pick up the next one!

Oh, and I almost forgot, right of the bat Noah saves a dog he finds alongside the road who has been seriously harmed.  You know that makes him a star in my eyes!

RATING: 5 PAWS 


3 comments:

  1. Maybe I need to give them another shot. I read the first one and liked it ok but never moved along.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad we are still enjoying this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big yes to dog savers! Glad you're still enjoying this series. I'm getting back into my reading too which is a relief!

    ReplyDelete