Monday, February 12, 2024

Farm News - February 12, 2024

 


Wanted to hop in with a quick post and share some reading and book news.  We watched the Super Bowl last night and since our team wasn't in it, we chose to cheer on the Chiefs.  It was a really good game and excited to see it go into overtime.  Both teams played great, but I am glad the Chiefs came out on top.  

Zeke had his 6-month shots on Friday and the vet said he's looking great.  He weighed in a 51.5 pounds.  Here is a picture of my sweet boy recovering from his Super Bowl party last night (he wasn't thrilled about Usher and opted to play catch with Mr. Barb and Apollo during the show).


I have several books I am either currently reading or picking up next.  Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues is for a 6-month readalong of the series.  Episode 13 is the book choice for my Mel Screams Facebook book club at the end of the month and Beneath the Blood Red Moon is a buddy read with Stormi. 


I have been lucky to get some arcs this week.  Four came from Netgalley, one is a physical copy from Tor and one was sent to me from the author.

Dark Roots (The Thornhill Vampire Chronicles #1) - Lucius Valiant (thanks to the author)

Projections - S.E. Porter (thanks to Tor for a physical copy)

The Night Guest - Hildur Knutsdottir

The Madness - Dawn Kurtagich

Bloodwork - Melissa Demirel

Heads Will Roll - Josh Winning


Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and enjoys a great week ahead!  Thanks for visiting Booker T's Farm.




11 comments:

  1. Zeke is looking so handsome! I also received a copy of Projections, it looks really good. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an exciting Super Bowl. I wasn't emotionally attached to either team but am glad Kansas City won. Nice looking assortment of books. NetGalley was good to me last week too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heads Will Roll looks interesting except I wasn't a fan of this authors last book so not sure...lol.
    Zeke is looking so big! :)

    Have a great week,
    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that game was a good one last night. I was happy for the Chiefs. They really came back in that game after Mahomes' mistake. I was kind of proud of them. Have a wonderful week, Barb. ☕📚🐉🤗🫶

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did nothing about the Super Bowl although I might watch some commercials or halftime clips on Youtube or something. I was glad to see the Chiefs win. I jut finished Even WTZ Get the Blues and LOVED it. I hope you enjoy and we'll see you next Sunday.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad Zeke's check up went well. He's so adorable! I really want to read Episode Thirteen and hope you are enjoying it! I hope you are enjoying your reading and have a great week, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a really tight game, which always makes it more fun to watch. Zeke is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you got some great books this week! I can't believe the Chiefs won, but it was so awesome! Here's to another good week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cutie! I was mostly on my computer as my husband watched the Super Bowl but I looked up for the commercials and halftime. I definitely partook in our snacks. I was vaguely rooting for the 49ers but I think you can guess how much I was emotionally invested in the game. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete