Saturday, September 17, 2016

Stacking the Shelves (81)


Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews.  Clicking on the book should take you to the Goodreads page.  

You can definitely tell fall and Halloween are in the air as I grabbed some great horror books for review this week.


I think Bats and Cat's Cradle are new Kindle editions of some older horror books from the 1990's.  Dead's Man Curve is a novella which has pretty good reviews on Goodreads and has a character named Booker so how could I resist.  Also I own several Ania Ahlborn books so when I saw The Devil Crept In offered, I had to request it.

I also had to make a trip to the library to pick up a hold and grabbed a few others I have been eyeing. 


I want to give Smoke a chance and I've had Monstress on request since I learned my library had ordered a copy.  I saw The Outliers in Walmart but wasn't really interested in buying a copy so when I saw it on the new release shelf, I grabbed it.  

So what did you add to your shelves this week and have you read any of these?  Hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend!

14 comments:

  1. I want all those on the top row!!! So you have gotten me back from last week...lol. I have the two William Johnstone books cause I am auto approved for that publisher and the other two are on request...lol. Buddy reads! :)

    I am curious to see what you think of Outliers, I almost requested it for review a while back but wasn't sure so I didn't...so now I need to know if I should put it on my wishlist. :)

    Have a great weekend!
    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are tastes are so similar with some genres I can't imagine having trouble finding buddy reads!

      Delete
  2. Looks like you're in a creepy mood lol! I don't do creepy books well, but I hope you enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to have a Halloween horror themed readathon next month and catch up on some monsters and stuff! I've got some dinosaur, spiders and bigfoot books that are calling my name...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know that I just ran over to NetGalley to request The Devil Crept In. I somehow missed that one. My fingers are crossed. Enjoy all of your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're definitely getting in the mood for Halloween! I love the cover to Dead Man's Curve, and yeah, with a character named Booker, I think it was meant to be :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm considering requesting Dead Man's Curve, but I'm so indecisive about everything lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love a good horror book! With Halloween right around the corner, it's perfect timing! I haven't seen any of these books, but they do look very good. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yey for horror reads!!! I hope you enjoy all of these. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard of The Outliers! I was sent an ARC but it was unsolicited, so I never got around to reading it. It might not be my thing. D: I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow so many great books I hadn't heard about! Monstress and Cat's Cradle really caught my attention, they sound great!
    Happy reading :)

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just started listening to Smoke as it has been getting good reviews. Enjoy your latest batch of books :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, first I'm seeing of the new Ania Ahlborn! :)

    ReplyDelete