Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (75)



"Waiting on" Wednesday" is weekly meme hosted over at Breaking the Spine which spotlights upcoming anticipated releases. 






April 4, 2017

FROM GOODREADS: A new dark historical fantasy from the supremely gifted Cherie Priest, author ofMapelcroft and Boneshaker.
 
In the trenches of Europe during the Great War, Tomas Cordero operated a weapon more devastating than any gun: a flame projector that doused the enemy in liquid fire. Having left the battlefield a shattered man, he comes home to find yet more tragedy for in his absence, his wife has died of the flu. Haunted by memories of the woman he loved and the atrocities he perpetrated, Tomas dreams of fire and finds himself setting match to flame when awake.... 

Alice Dartle is a talented clairvoyant living among others who share her gifts in the community of Cassadaga, Florida. She too dreams of fire, knowing her nightmares are connected to the shell-shocked war veteran and widower. And she believes she can bring peace to him and his wife s spirit.
But the inferno that threatens to consume Tomas and Alice was set ablaze centuries ago by someone whose hatred transcended death itself....

WHY I'M WAITING:  Basically because it's Cherie Priest...and I love her.  I haven't read enough of her books, but I've never been disappointed.  

What are you waiting for this week??? 
 

10 comments:

  1. I have only read Maplecroft from her and it was okay but I have been curious about some of her other books and this sounds interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her books, for me, have been hit and miss, but goodness, her blurbs get me everytime! Here's mine: http://editingeverything.com/blog/2016/09/28/waiting-wednesday-heart-henry-quantum/

    ReplyDelete
  3. *screaming!!!* I have never heard of this book, and I'm so excited to see Priest has a new book coming out next year! Thanks for sharing, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read anything by Priest yet! You make it sound like a very bad thing! I'm going to head on over to GR to add some to my TBR. :) Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of her books before but wow, this sure sounds like it's going to be an intense read. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it when you get to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a new author to me. The storyline sounds intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adding this one to my wishlist right now! I'm excited to try her historical fantasy.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm reading The Family Plot right now. Curious about Priests other books, and this one sounds really good. Think it appeals to me more than Boneshaker

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of this one before! It sounds very interesting. That cover is also quite mysterious and makes me want to know more. I hope that you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never read anything by this author. This sounds so fantastic though. Nice pick, I'm going to have to add it on Goodreads. :D

    ReplyDelete