Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday (177) and a Question


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight highly anticipated books.  It is based on the Waiting on Wednesday meme which used to be hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.


FROM GOODREADS:  The legendary 1950s-era TV show Happy Days gets reinvented as a gritty 1980s noir. 

Late October, 1984. Prince and Bruce are dominating FM radio. Ron and Nancy are headed back to the White House. Crockett and Tubbs are leading men everywhere to embrace pastels. And Richard Cunningham? Well, Richard Cunningham is having a really bad Sunday.

First, there’s the meeting with his agent. A decade ago, the forty-something Cunningham was one of Hollywood’s hottest screenwriters. But Tinseltown is no longer interested in his artsy, introspective scripts. They want Terminator cyborgs and exploding Stay Puft Marshmallow men. If he isn’t interested in that sort of thing, his agent tells him, he’s gonna have to find new representation.

Then later that same day he gets a phone call with even worse news. His best friend from childhood back in Milwaukee, back when everyone called him Richie, is dead. Arthur Fonzarelli. The Fonz. Lost control of his motorcycle while crossing a bridge and plummeted into the water below. Two days of searching and still no body, no trace of his trademark leather jacket.

Richard flies back for the memorial service, only to discover that Fonzie’s death was no accident—it was murder. With the help of his old pals Ralph Malph and Potsie Weber, he sets out to catch the killer. Who it turns out to be is shocking. So is the story’s final twist.

Who Killed The Fonz? imagines what happened to the characters of the legendary TV series Happy Days twenty years after the show left off. And while much has changed in the interim—goodbye drive-in movie theaters, hello VCRs—the story centers around the same timeless themes as the show: the meaning of family. The significance of friendship. The importance of community.

Fast-paced and full of nostalgia, Who Killed the Fonz? is an ingenious twist on a beloved classic that proves sometimes you can go home again.

WHY I CAN'T WAIT:  I initially was going to feature another book this week but I saw this one on Monday and knew I had to share it.  I grew up watching Happy Days and I think this mystery sounds like so much fun.

That being said, while this is a rather long synopsis, there is one word that sold me on reading this.  My loyal followers I ask you this.....what is that word?????

WHAT BOOK CAN'T YOU WAIT FOR THIS WEEK???

49 comments:

  1. I smiled when I saw the mention of Prince! All you need is a faithful hound and you'd be all systems go! I used to watch Happy Days in the morning getting ready for school along with the old Batman series with Adam West though I was never a huge Happy Days fan. It was ok though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I'm sure his name appears once but it was still enough to get my attention.

      Delete
  2. Prince! This plot just made me smile from beginning to end -- I LOVE it! It's so creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I think it will be such a fun read.

      Delete
  3. I used to watch Happy Days all the time. OMG, blast from my past! I will have to check this one out!

    Mary my CWW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I would always watch it right after school while eating a snack.

      Delete
  4. I think we all know which word! This sounds pretty ridiculous, but in a super fun way😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this sounds fun. I watched Happy Days. It was always lots of fun. This sounds like a fun twist and I already have some ideas so I'm adding it to my list! Thanks, Barb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. It's gonna be a fun read for sure!

      Delete
  6. That one sounds like a fun read. :D Hope you enjoy it, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! This sounds awesome! I loved Happy Days. I'm definitely adding this to my list. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fictional book about the Fonz?! lol, I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. I already want this so bad - don't know if I can wait until February.

      Delete
  9. The Fonz? I love Happy Days too and this book sounds like it will be so much fun. Thanks so much for sharing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Umm...Prince! I have watched so many episodes of Happy Days that this one is kind of calling to me. I do hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My head is spinning from this description. Quite a twist on this beloved show from my childhood. Intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea it does sound kind of crazy - but a good crazy I hope.

      Delete
  12. Prince! LOL This sounds so cool! I loved the show.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gotta be Prince! Haha, this sounds pretty awesome!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow this sounds amazing! A murder mystery based on Happy Days, I love it. Oh, and others have guessed it haha but I'm gonna say Prince got your attention? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, but the cover is eye-catching as well.

      Delete
  15. This sounds so creative! I’ll be watching for your thoughts on it, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds good but I think I would be sad to read about the Fonz dying! I loved that show growing up. Laverne and Shirley too! And of course the word is PRINCE!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not read anything more than is here but since the body is missing, I'm kind of hoping it's a "staged" murder.

      Delete
  17. I grew up watching Happy Days too. It was one of the shows we watched as a family. I'm looking forward to checking this one out now too. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many people seem to have fond memories of it.

      Delete
  18. Hahahaha. Too wonderful, and that cover is perfect for it! I'll be looking for what you think. 👍✨

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Happy Days! This sounds so interesting, I do hope you enjoy it when you pick it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Probably not one I'll read although I am intrigued. Definitely intrigued.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I'm sure it will be hit or miss with some people but it at least sounds fun.

      Delete
  21. oh I loved Happy Days... I didn't even know this was a thing but I am diggin it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awww, I grew up watching Happy Days so this just sounds like so much fund. Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ohh great CWW pick Barb of course the word that sold you about this book got to be Prince. This is the first time I have not heard or seen this book until now I am so added it to be tbr list, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW Barb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I love checking out your feature!

      Delete
  24. Haven't heard of this one or its author, but I sure hope you enjoy - and WOW! That is a long synopsis. Thanks for the Finding Wonderland visit (last week), Barb. Apologies it took me this long to return the favor. :)

    ReplyDelete