Friday, October 26, 2018

Weekly Reads (10-27-18)


So this week I had a few more books, movies and just plain stuff to talk about so I'm giving you a separate post.  I hope you all are having a great week and have lots of fun stuff planned for the weekend.  We are in full blown Halloween mode at The Farm and have been trying to squeeze in as much horror as possible. I've also been cat sitting.  Don't tell the pups.  They aren't quite sure while I've been running across the road every evening and Booker has seen Pepper through a door and did not like him so if he knew, he would not be pleased.  

Mr. Barb has started physical therapy for a slight back injury he thinks happened at the gym.  Score a point for me because I thought you went to the gym to feel better, not worse.  Knew there was a reason I don't go.  It's nothing major (thank heavens) and he seems to like the physical therapist.  Worker has been a tad stressful this week and since we are a remote office of two, when things get stressful, tensions can run high.  All is well now though.

Gpa is feeling better and Cassius goes to the vet Saturday for routine shots.  Booker T will go along so he can see his girlfriend Peggy.  Seriously, this vet tech would take him home if she thought she could get away with it.  

We watched "Hotel Artemis" last weekend and I really really liked it.  I mean, it wasn't deep and meaningful but I didn't need it to be and Sterling K. Brown is awesome.  We're caught up on "American Horror" and I think this season may end up being one of my faves.  I mean, they already had Stevie Nicks on it so they get points for that.  We watched "Apostle" on Netflix and I could have done without it.  I found it to be long and boring.  "The Purge" only has a few episodes left and let's just say, right now all the right people are being purged!  "The Walking Dead" is better than last year and I'm waiting to see how Rick dies (even though I sort of doubt he will because since when has that show warned us of a major death - NEVER.  It could be a smokescreen).  And I almost forgot, "Midnight, Texas" starts back up Friday evening - can't wait!

I want to read more this weekend than I will probably have time to do.  However, here's the books up next on the stack.  Hopefully I can finish "An Easy Death" Friday evening so I can work on "Twisted Tales from Tornado Alley."  I have to get that one finished.  When I do, maybe I'll start "Toil & Trouble."


Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by The Farm!

30 comments:

  1. I hope Mr Barb feels better soon. Back pain is no fun that's for sure! Oh dear, you don't want Booker T finding out about the cat or he'll punish you and take over the blog again! I still can't motivate myself to get back to season 4 of The Walking Dead-not sure if I'll ever get to it! I've got so many series to catch up with. I reckon if I like the films I'll watch The Purge though!

    Hope you all have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Physical therapy seems to be helping him and the cat sitting is over so Booker doesn't have to worry :)

      Delete
  2. Hope your husband's back feels better soon! The cover of An Easy Death rocks. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I really like the cover and it fits the book well too!

      Delete
  3. Awe poor Mr. Barb, hope all is well soon. You and I both feel the same about the gym😉 So my vet is walking distance from our house, and often when we go on walks in the evening, Ginger makes a beeline for the vet's office. Reason? Her one true love Bob the Cat lives there😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope Mr. B gets better soon! You guys watched a lot this week! Glad Gpa is doing better too! I can't wait to try An Easy Death!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it was pretty much a TV kind of week.

      Delete
  5. My husband hurt his back last year taking off his shoes! It lasted forever. He had to go to physical therapy and everything. Do you have Netflix? If so, you need to watch The Haunting of Hill House! So creepy and good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just finished it last night. I did really enjoy it and they hit creepy on the head.

      Delete
  6. I love forward to your review of the Charlaine Harris book. It's one I fancy so just waiting on reviews now.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about Mr Barb! Back injuries are no fun! Enjoy your horror cramming!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still waiting impatiently for my copy of An Easy Death to get here, but hopefully it'll be soon because I'm really looking forward to checking it out! Hope you enjoyed it!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you love it. I wish the second book was already out.

      Delete
  9. I kind of fell away from TWD after Karl died. I am curious how Rick will be leaving the show. I hope Mr. Barb had a quick recovery. Back pain is no picnic. Enjoy your new reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm anxious to see how it all plays out. I never really liked Karl but didn't think they should have killed him off. I will enjoy seeing more of Daryl since he is taking the lead now.

      Delete
  10. I still need to get started on the new season of Walking Dead, but I'm glad to hear things are improving. I haven't enjoyed the last few seasons as much. And lol about Booker...

    Hope you get lots of reading time in this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either. Booker is such a nut. We took him to the vet Saturday with Cass so he got to see his GF. She is always loving on him and he eats it up!

      Delete
  11. I hope you have an amazing before Halloween weekend. Poor Mr. Barb. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots going on in your world. I totally missed that Midnight, Texas was starting back up. I will have to try to catch it on Hulu or something. I hope Mr. Barb's back is feeling better quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an odd first episode. Don't know if I'm going to like it as much this year.

      Delete
  13. Yeah, I'm in full Halloween mode myself, but, in my case, that only includes paranormal romance and urban fantasy! NO horror for me!! LOL. Remember my nickname? Yeah, that's right: "Chicken Little"!! LOL.

    I'm sorry to hear that Mr. Barb suffered an injury at the gym... Yeah, I'm not that fond of exercise myself, but it's because I HATE to sweat! Lol.

    I'm SO glad that your Grandpa is doing much better!! What a champ he is!! <3 <3

    How FUNNY that you're catsitting, and don't want the boys to know!! LOL. Yeah, we don't want them getting mad at Mom!
    :) :)

    I've started reading another vamp series, but, of course, it's NOT in the horror genre. Lol. It's titled The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod. What's interesting is that it starts out as a Middle Grade, and evolves into Young Adult. I've read the first two books -- "Eighth Grade Bites", and "Ninth Grade Slays". I LOVE Vlad!!

    Of course, I'm looking forward to our upcoming buddy read! FINALLY!! I'll be able to start reading "The Hate U Give" with you after November 1st. Hope you're still interested.... I just couldn't do it before, because of tour review commitments.

    Well, take care, and thanks for sharing your news!! HUGS TO YOU AND THE PUPS, AND "WOOF, WOOF" TO THEM!!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I read the first Vladimir Tod book some time ago. I really like that author and I bet it's a fun book to read. Hope you did okay with all the hurricane weather lately.

      Delete
  14. P.S. Of course, I sure hope that Mr. Barb gets better VERY soon!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, sounds like a full week.
    sherry @ fundinmental Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete