Saturday, October 27, 2018

Stacking the Shelves (181)

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you cans you cam include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews. And it now has a new co-host where individuals can link up as well - Marlene from Reading Reality.  Clicking on the book (or title) should take you to the Goodreads page.  I'm also now linking up with the Sunday Post which is hosted by Kimberly@Caffeinated Book Reviewer

So this week I had to stop by the library (I know, sounds familiar huh?) but in my defense, it was to pick up 2 CDs I requested and also, keep in mind, all three of the libraries I visit are less than 15 minutes from my home.  I have seen so many people raving about "We Were Villains" over the past year that I finally took the plunge and grabbed it.  And in case you were interested, I picked up the new Janelle Monae and the new Daughtry CDs.


The great people at Flame Tree Press were kind enough to send my physical copies of two of their upcoming titles.  I haven't been so excited about a publisher in so long and I can't wait to see what else they come out with in 2019.  I think "Think Yourself Lucky" and "Night Shift" both look like good reads.  


And finally I got some awesome digital books for review.  Thanks so much to Netgalley and the publishers.  You guys know how excited I am about "Who Killed the Fonz" and Stormi and I are already planning a buddy read of it.  "End of Day" has a cover I couldn't resist but I need to find a copy of the first one before I start this one.  I don't read a lot of non-fiction but you know "The Trial of Lizzie Borden" caught my eye (I have some weird fascinations and you guys know she is one of them).  And last but not least, "A Monster Like Me" is a new MG book coming out early next year.


So I think I found some great books this week.  What books did you add to your shelves????

Also, my newest #booksboozeandblankets post is up on Instagram.  Check it out!

43 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of We Were Villains, but I hope you end up loving it! Yay for print copies! I've been hearing a lot about that publisher, they must be doing something right and putting out some good books. Enjoy all your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most people rave about the Villains book so we will see.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a pretty good batch of books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read The Borden Murders by Sarah Miller and thought it was good but I haven't read this one. The cover of Night Shift makes me want to read it! I really do need to read the Mae Clair book I have about The Mothman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - creepy and snowy! I want to read her Mothman book, especially since I grew up so near him!

      Delete
  4. The Trial of Lizzie Borden sounds good! I don't know a ton about that case, so I'll have to check that one out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sort of weirdly fascinated with her. Lots of good books out featuring her.

      Delete
  5. I think Ramsey Campbell is a genius. Yes, he has some misses now and then, but most of his books are amazing. I think End of Day's cover is irresistible too! How cool is it that you have THREE libraries within 15 minutes of your home? I have a wonderful library, but it's not THAT close, so I schedule my visits there when I'm en route somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to check out more by him. I do realize how lucky I am about the libraries.

      Delete
  6. I hope you love the new Flame Tree books. I'm excited about their upcoming releases, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another nice haul. Barb. I got the Flame Tree ARCs too. I'm really enjoying their releases and some wonderful authors too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm super curious about If We Were Villains, I'm going to have to read it soon, because a lot of bloggers seem to be talking about it lately. Congrats on the Flame Tree Press copies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sound of Who Killed the Fonz! I am also really tempted by the Flame Tree Press books. I have widgets for both of the books you posted but I am not sure if I will be able to work them into my reading or not. I hope you enjoy all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice haul, I need to look into Flame Tree Press to learn more about the books they publish!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some pretty good ones. Creature by Hunter Shea is my fave so far!

      Delete
  11. Think yourself lucky and nightshift do look like fantastic reads!! Lucky you! Here's my Sunday post!. Enjoy the rest of your weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  12. If We Were Villans looks perfect to read this week for Halloween! I am reading a creepy book right now and love reading it so close to Halloween. These dark cool nights help with the creepiness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, cooler nights go hand and hand with creepy.

      Delete
  13. Such a great selection of books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tempting books! Who Killed the Fonz has piqued my interest. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooh looking forward to seeing what you think of The Trial of Lizzie Borden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it's good. The cover is awesome at least.

      Delete
  16. I'd never heard of the Villain book, but it sounds interesting. And that Who Killed the Fonz book sounds like it will be so much fun to read and catch all the little pop culture things in it. I'm also a "fan" of Lizzie Borden stories. Have a few sitting on my TBR shelf that I need to read. Great haul this week! Thanks for visiting Lisa Loves Literature earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay, you got the new Flame Trees! I can't wait to read your thoughts. I'm holding off on requesting anything for a bit as I need to catch up with my personal TBR. Seems I keep buying and buying and not reading . . .

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice haul of books! Enjoy and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I cannot wait to learn more about Night Shift! That cover is certainly attention grabbing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That Lizzie Borden book looks like something I'd be interested in. Anything with deadly women automatically catches my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Got some great books. I have the Mae Clair book too. Love her stories.
    sherry @ fundinmental Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  22. The cover of If We Were Villains is PRIMO! 💀✨

    A Monster like me has me intrigued. 👍✨

    Enjoy your books! 📚✨

    ReplyDelete