Thursday, October 11, 2018

New Post - New Feature (Actually a Revamped Old One)

So over the past month instead of doing actual TBR's I've been doing a "Musts & Mights" post.  That has sort of been working but you know what I've learned I've really enjoyed - just picking up books on a whim here and there.  Now as a reviewer, we all know we have commitments but when I feel pressured to read, I find myself not really reading (must be a holdover from being a teen and doing the opposite of what my parents wanted me to do).  

So I've revamped the feature (and actually it was an excuse to try to make a cool new graphic).  It will now be known as Monthly Contenders (get it, BOXERmommyread - contender).  I kill myself sometimes!  So each month (hopefully), I'll be sharing some books I might pick up.  And if you have any additional suggestions of new releases for the month you think I might want to add, please add them in the comments.  

So are you ready to rumble.............





Have you read any of these or are there others I definitely must read? 


15 comments:

  1. Love that new graphic! It fits the post nicely. Dracul is definitely on my 'read eventually' list! I'm going to be cutting down the number of target reads every month to take the pressure off a bit. This year I do want to tackle as many paperbacks as I can in thriller and apocalypse as those shelves are a bit overcrowded, then next year I might switch to mood reading and no set list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like having somewhat of an idea what I want to read each month, but TBRs get old really quickly for me. Some of the best books I've read this year I've picked up on a whim.

      Delete
  2. Dracul is my kind of read: creepy with a Gothic feel, and vampires without (too much) teen angst or romance getting in the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it's good. I really hope to pick it up around the actual Halloween holiday.

      Delete
  3. I think the only ones I had seen before are Dracul the Hollow of Fear :) I want to read them! So many books man! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rabid Heart is next on my to be reviewed list. The reviews have been good so I'm looking forward to that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to make time for that. Maybe it will be up next.

      Delete
  5. I bought Dracul and started it but I don't think that I was in the right frame of mind so I put it aside to read later. I am on the list at the library for the new Harris book. I don't stick to lists very well either. I like this idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's where I got mine. In fact, you'll being seeing it in this week's haul.

      Delete
  6. Of those, I'm probably most interested in An Easy Death and Dracul. Going to try hard to fit those two in this fall!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of those look interesting!!!! I really want Dracul and An Easy Death!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great new post and graphic. I enjoyed Dracul - my review will be coming out shortly. Hope you love all your reads - you've certainly got lots to choose from.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always fun to play around with new graphics :) I've gotta say this year I've been loving the fact that I have so few review commitments. It's been nice after 6 years to just read...whatever strikes me at that exact moment :)

    ReplyDelete