Tuesday, May 16, 2023

2 Bloggers 1 Series - Hidden Legacy Series

 


So Stormi and I decided to continue on with our series read of Ilona Andrews' Hidden Legacy series this month.  Sometime I really need to take the time and map out what series we are actually reading because sometimes they all slip my mind.  However, I am happy to say only one more to go in this one - unless the series isn't finished.  Does anyone know?

So read on for my thoughts of Emerald Blaze and then hop over to Stormi's at Storm Reads to see her's.


TITLE: Emerald Blaze (Hidden Legacy #5)
AUTHOR: Ilona Andrews
PUBLISHER: Avon
PUBLSIHING DATE: August 25, 2020
PAGES: 392
SOURCE: Library

FROM GOODREADS:: As Prime magic users, Catalina Baylor and her sisters have extraordinary powers—powers their ruthless grandmother would love to control. Catalina can earn her family some protection working as deputy to the Warden of Texas, overseeing breaches of magic law in the state, but that has risks as well. When House Baylor is under attack and monsters haunt her every step, Catalina is forced to rely on handsome, dangerous Alessandro Sagredo, the Prime who crushed her heart. 

The nightmare that Alessandro has fought since childhood has come roaring back to life, but now Catalina is under threat. Not even his lifelong quest for revenge will stop him from keeping her safe, even if every battle could be his last. Because Catalina won't rest until she stops the use of the illicit, power-granting serum that's tearing their world apart.

MY THOUGHTS: As this is the 5th book in the series, I feel like I can't discuss a whole lot without giving some things away.  Emerald Blaze may be the 5th book but it's actually the 2nd in the Catalina/Alessandro arc.  I didn't think I liked their story line much going into this one as I am a die-hard Nevada/Rogan fan, but this book cleared that up and I'm now on the Catalina/Alessandro train.

Catalina is now Deputy Warden of Texas which means that beside running the family agency, she also has side jobs of major importance and which she gets to family to assist with on a no-questions asked basis.  Catalina is involved in finding out who killed the son of a famous Prime.  An area of Texas which has basically become a swamp for scary magical things was being developed when the son was murdered.  Everyone else involved in the project is shady as hell and did I mention scary magical things?  Alessandro has been hired by the family to assassinate the culprit once they are discovered which places him and Catalina working side by side once again.

The investigation in this book was very intriguing.  It took lots of twists and turns and several old faces from the past resurfaced.  In addition, we learn A LOT about Alessandro's past in this book and what makes him tick and all I can say is that his actions and attitude finally make sense.  As I mentioned, I don't want to give too much away but I will say this book ended on such a cliffnanger that Stormi and I decided next month we are finishing this series up.  I'm honestly surprised if we can hold out that long.

RATING: 5 PAWS





4 comments:

  1. This is my favorite author so these books get all the hearts from me. Buckle up for the next one. They may do an Arabella trilogy at some point.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did enjoy this one, you might have liked it more as you rated it hire...lol. :) Can't wait to read book 6!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I were reading this series, it sounds really good. And you're almost finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like I should give this series a read. You and Stormi both really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete