Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Feed Your TBR - Indian Burial Ground

 


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight highly anticipated books.  It is based on the Waiting on Wednesday meme which used to be hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. 

APRIL 16, 2024

FROM GOODREADS: A man lunges in front of a car. An elderly woman silently drowns herself. A corpse sits up in its coffin and speaks . On this reservation, not all is what it seems, in this new spine-chilling mythological horror from the author of Sisters of the Lost Nation .

All Noemi Broussard wanted was a fresh start. With a new boyfriend who actually treats her right and a plan to move from the reservation she grew up on—just like her beloved Uncle Louie before her—things are finally looking up for Noemi. Until the news of her boyfriend’s apparent suicide brings her world crumbling down.

But the facts about Roddy’s death just don’t add up, and Noemi isn’t the only one who suspects that something menacing might be lurking within their tribal lands.

After over a decade away, Uncle Louie has returned to the reservation, bringing with him a past full of secrets, horror, and what might be the key to determining Roddy’s true cause of death. Together, Noemi and Louie set out to find answers...but as they get closer to the truth, Noemi begins to question whether it might be best for some secrets to remain.

WHY I CAN'T WAIT:  I love the presence of the reservation on this one and I think the plot sound mysterious and eerie.  I keep meaning to read the author's most recent work, Sisters of the Lost Nation, and hopefully I can work it in before this one comes out in April.

WHAT BOOK ARE YOU WAITING FOR THIS WEEK????


10 comments:

  1. This cover is really eye catching, and I'm also looking forward to it. I've heard good things about Nick Medina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been curious about Sisters of the Lost Nation and this new one sounds like it will be a great read too. The description had me at mythological horror, and given it's set on tribal lands, even more enticing! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one has me intrigued! A good pick for spooky October Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a very original mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! This sounds like an interesting book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way this one sounds too. I'll have to add it to my tbr.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really intrigued by this one! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm intrigued by this one, too. And I have Sisters of the Lost Nation on my TBR list already. I really want to read that one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one is new to me but I love the sound of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds fantastic! I'm going to add it to Goodreads. 😃

    ReplyDelete