Tuesday, October 31, 2023

It's Movie Time - Part 2

 


So, I wanted to do a second installment featuring some of my spooky watch.  So many great things seemed to come out this month and the good news is I still have things I want to watch to carry me over through some of November.  

Goosebumps - Hulu and Disney +

We've only watched the first episode so far and to be honest, I probably need to rewatch it because it was Zeke's second night here and I was a bit preoccupied with his transition.  It was very promising though and I love Justin Long so I'm excited to see where this one heads.  It does seem a bit darker than the other TV series.


 

 Pet Sematary: Bloodlines (Parmount +)

This was a great sequel to a movie I didn't know needed one.  However, I guess technically it's a prequel.  David Duchovny was a treat in this one and I did find it rather scary in places.  Mr. Barb really liked it as well and he sometimes finds King movies hit or miss.  Then again, I'm pretty sure King didn't have much to do with this one.  Maybe that's why the ending worked - if you know, you know.


 
The Exorcist: Believer

We watched this outside Friday night.  It was fairly warm and we had a bonfire going and I have to say, it was the perfect atmosphere.  This one held up to my expectations and the ending added a nice ode to the original which was definitely needed and well deserved.  I recommend this to any horror fan and am amazed at how much one of the young ladied, when possessed, actually looked a bit like Linda Blair (aka Reagan).


 
 Totally Killer (Amazon Prime)

This is pretty much a horror comedy with lots of nods to the 80s and I found it really enjoyable. Mr. Barb skipped it because he doesn't like comedy mixed with horror but because of the 80s nostalgia and Kiernan Shipka, which I think thrives with these types of scripts, I knew I had to work it in.  I highly recommend this one. 

So, if you are looking for more spooky things to watch, I would recommend all of these. Let me know if there's anything else you think I should check out!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up on The Exorcist: Believer. The Exorcist is one of my top favorite Horror movies. I liked the second one as well. 👹

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wondering about the Pet Semetary movie, I'm glad it was worth watching! Also David Duchovny😍

    ReplyDelete