Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Top 10 Tuesday - Summer/Beach Reads





The Top 10 weekly meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and can be found here.   Each week they focus on lists which cover various topics related to books and reading. This week I am focusing on the Top 10 Books I plan to have as "beach reads."  As I don't really travel to the beach, and enjoy more low-key vacations in "Porchville," these books are ones I would like to read during summer break.


Outlander: Diana Gabaldon.  I don't know why I consider this a "summer read" but I do plan on starting it in July with a few readers on Booktube so it is in my virtual summer reading bag.









Wellies & Westies: Cressida MaLaughlin.  Gotta have a book or two with my favorite 4-legged friends.









One Small Act of Kindness: Lucy Dillon.  I love Lucy Dillon's books and this is her newest.  She is a perfect summertime read.










Anatomy of a Misfit: Andrea Portes.  This book is supposed to be a hilarious coming-of-age story and everyone needs some laughter on vacation.









I've Got Your Number: Sophie Kinsella.  Just read my first Kinsella book and I am already wanting more. I have heard lots of people consider it their favorite so in the "porchville" bag it goes!









Catch of the Day: Kristan Higgins.  This one has been on my TBR for sometime and looks perfect for a summer read.  (Must add this is a total impulse read based on cute dog on the cover).








The Rosie Project: Graeme Simsion.  I must be one of the last to read this, but I think it's perfect for summertime.












Elvis 2 Elvis 3 Elvis 4
Elvis and the Grateful Dead, Elvis and the Memphis Mambo Murders and Elvis and the Tropical Double Trouble: Peggy Webb.  I like a cozy mystery from time to time - especially if they involve dogs or supernatural elements - so I hope to read more of this series this summer.

Do you recommend any of these and what made your Top 10 this week?  Leave a comment and I'll check out your Top 10!


No comments:

Post a Comment