Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Top 10 Tuesday - Authors I Would Like to See Do A Book Together

This top 10 weekly meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and can be found HERE.  Each week they focus on lists which cover various topics related to books and reading. This week's topic is authors I would like to see do a book together.  I know I could never come up with 10 combinations, so I will strive for 5!

1.  Lucy Dillon and Jackie Bouchard - Both write such great stories about the lives of their characters intertwining with the lives of their pets that I would love to see them do a book together.  Plus they have some of the best dog covers out there!

2.  Stephen King and Joe Hill - This has to be a no-brainer and since they are father and son, I would hope one day we could see this as a pairing.  If I remember correctly, I am thinking now that they may have done a novella together, but I could be wrong.

3.  Karen Marie Moning and Laurell K. Hamilton - Their urban fantasy series have always reminded me of each other in some ways and I think it would be interesting to see what they could come up with together.

4.  George R.R. Martin and Diane Gabaldon - I have to admit to never actually reading a book of either one yet, even though I own several, but they probably could create a great setting.  However, it would probably also take them a long time to do it.

5.  Stephen King and Dr. Seuss - Ever since I saw this topic, I couldn't get this combo out of my head.  Can you imagine "How Pennywise Stole Christmas" and "Sharp Knives I Have?"  These books would not be for the faint of heart and you have to admit, there is probably an open market for twisted children's books.

What do you think?  Leave me a comment so I can see who made your list!




2 comments:

  1. #5 - hahahahahahaha It would definitely be ... unique ;) My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout-out! I'd love to do a book with another author - Lucy Dillon would be awesome! I think it would be fun. And, yes, I love her covers too!

    LOL about #5!

    ReplyDelete