Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Feed Your TBR - Some Like It Cold

 


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight highly anticipated books.  It is based on the Waiting on Wednesday meme which used to be hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. 




FROM GOODREADS: A big-hearted small-town romance from bestselling, award-winning author Elle McNicoll, Some Like it Cold is perfect for fans of Alice Oseman, Talia Hibbert and Gilmore Girls.

Jasper Montgomery is heading home for the holidays and keeping secrets. Determined to return to her small-town home one last time before leaving for good, Jasper doesn’t bank on accidentally ruining her sister's engagement - or bumping into her teen adversary, budding filmmaker Arthur Lancaster. Jasper came back to Lake Pristine for one to say goodbye. But during the holidays, old relationships come to light, small-town tensions rise, and a certain brooding film buff starts to look like a very big reason to stay. Can Jasper decide what she wants from Arthur, and from Lake Pristine, before she leaves them both forever?

WHY I CAN'T WAIT: I stumbled across this when I was looking for some books to add to the TBR for an upcoming reading challenge which starts tomorrow.  The Gilmore Girls reference immediately caught my attention.  Wish I had paid closer attention to the "4" in 2024.  Oh well, now I can share it with you guys too!

WHAT BOOK CAN'T YOU WAIT FOR THIS WEEK???

8 comments:

  1. Yes - I'd be snagged by any reference to The Gilmore Girls, too! I hope you enjoy this one, Barb:)).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Gilmore Girls comparison is tempting me too! This sounds like fun:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m attracted to anything Gilmore Girls referenced too! I hope that you enjoy this one Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds good. The cover is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! This looks like a cute read! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It definitely sounds like it has potential. Hope you enjoy it when you get to it! I really need to watch the Gilmore Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love small-town romances. This sounds good. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. October 2024 does seem so far away . . . This sounds like it will be perfect for this time of year though--even if we have to wait until next year. :-) I hope you enjoy this one when you read it!

    ReplyDelete