Sunday, May 12, 2024

Farm News - May 12, 2024

 


Well, I survived my training, but it took me almost all of last week to feel normal again.  And now I have to wait three weeks to see if I pass. If so, then I can move onto the next part of it which is all online - thank Heavens!  

The boys enjoyed spending the week with Daddy all day, but it really threw off their schedules.  I think Apollo missed Mommy more that Zeke did.  Daddy is a little laxer with them than Mommy so needless to say, some evenings when I got home things were super chaotic.  

I managed to catch up some on blog posts last week but still have two buddy reads with Stormi to review this week.  One took me FOREVER to read and it the reason I have three other books on the go right now.  I was looking for any excuse not to finish it but did buckle down yesterday and knocked out the last 120 pages or so.  I ended up grabbing some Kindle books from Amazon this past week.  They were either books that were on sale which I had borrowed from the library several times without getting to them, so I decided to just go ahead and grab them, or books I had my eyes on for quite some time.  


Faebound: Saraa El-Arifi
The Manor House: Gilly Macmillan
Undead Folk: Katherine Silva
Buster: A Dog: George Pelecanos


We've also streamed some really good movies lately.  First up was Dogman.  It was so sad, and I can assure you no dogs died but I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to explore the bond between an abused young man and his connection with his canine family.  Next was the new Ghostbusters Frozen Empire.  It was great but I feel like I did enjoy the previous one a tad more.  And finally, last night we watched Abigail, the new vampire movie.  Definitely a hit and one I would recommend to horror and vampire lovers everywhere.  I also started watching Under the Bridge on Hulu but am not that far in yet. So far, so good.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Mother's Day, especially those celebrating with their fur-children.  It's kind of a low-key one here since Mr. Barb recently lost his mother, and that loss is still fresh, but I will be grabbing extra doggy cuddles for sure.


8 comments:

  1. Okay, good to hear that Abigail was good. My mom had wanted to go see it but then we heard not so great reviews from the local movie critics, so I ended up taking her to see a comedy show instead. But maybe we'll watch Abigail on streaming instead. Glad you're done with the training, hope you pass and can get going with all that like you want. And I'm sure you're glad to have more time with the dogs and they're sure to be happy to have you too! Have a good week!
    Lisa Loves Literature">Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you training went well, and I hope you pass! I recently heard about Undead Folk and I'm very curious about it. I also want to watch Dogman now. I hope you have a great week, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to have the training finished! I just finished WTZ Gone Wild and thought it was amazing. Hope you enjoy it.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you survived the training! I hope you pass and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for finishing your training! Your new books look interesting too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ghostbusters and Abigail are two movies I've been wanting to see. Good luck with your training. I hope you pass. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see you are reading Blackberry Summer. Its funny because first time I read that I didn't really enjoy it and then. a few years later I read it again and loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patricia Wants to Cuddle cover always makes me laugh when I see it. 🤓

    ReplyDelete