Friday, August 26, 2016

Weekly Reads (08/26/16)



So it's been a pretty good week here at the farm.  The boys and the rest of the family is fine and Booker T and Cassius even got to hijack the blog this week so they are happy.  The weather has been somewhat cool, although it is supposed to get really hot again this weekend.  Please bring on fall, I am completely ready.

We watched a few movies this past week and Fear the Walking Dead started back up.  We ended up watching "The Darkness" with Kevin Bacon and even though in a way it reminded me off "Poltergeist," and I don't exactly know why, it had some neat Native American references for the horror the family was experiencing so I really enjoyed it.  We also watched a movie called "Winter's Edge" which I didn't care for much at all.  I'm not a huge "Fear the Walking Dead" fan - I feel it was just an attempt to capitalize on "The Walking Dead" phenomenon, but it's a decent enough watch.  "The Strain" starts back up Sunday so I am THRILLED to have new episodes to watch.

I only have 2 books on the reading horizon right now.  "Curioddity" isn't bad but I'm having a hard time getting into it, and I have to finish "A Deadly Tail" by the end of the month for a reading challenge.  I think it may get bumped ahead of "Curioddity" so I can feel confident it will get done.



So what are your plans for this coming week?



4 comments:

  1. You are doing better with your reading challenge than me. I knew I shouldn't have tried it I am to much of a mood reader and had to many books on my plate for this month...lol. I don't think I am going to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah, I'm still so far behind on all these series it isn't even funny! At the moment I'm catching up on the last couple of seasons of Deadliest Catch and then I'll see which of the 200 series I want to watch I'll do next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently finished Curioddity myself. Definitely not what I had in mind at all. It probably isn't a book I would pick up on my own, but I had an okay time with it. Very Douglas Adamsy.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had such a good week! And it's great that you're doing so well on your reading challenge, too. I'm supposed to be participating in a TBR reading challenge, but I'm very much behind right now...

    I'm going to check out "Curioddity" on Goodreads. LOVE that cover and title! Very quirky. As for "A Deadly Tail", hmmm....looks like a cozy mystery. I'll check that one out, too!

    Hope you're having a FAB Saturday!! Arf, arf, arf, Booker T. aroof Cassius!! (Translation: Happy Saturday, Booker T. and Cassius!!)

    ReplyDelete