Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Can't Wait Wednesday (199)


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight highly anticipated books.  It is based on the Waiting on Wednesday meme which used to be hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.



FROM GOODREADS:  Hine Trewlove is your run-of-the-mill vegan yoga instructor. Except she can talk to dogs.

Well, okay. Everybody can do that! But when the canines speak back, Hine understands and counsels them through their problems.

That's why her latest Dog Yoga class is the perfect platform for Hine to practice her favourite skills—teaching yoga and easing the anxieties of Pinetar Township's many pooches.

But when a dog turns up to class without her owner, Hine must utilise her unique talents to track down the kidnapped woman. It'll take all her fortitude to hunt the criminals responsible while keeping her special talent hidden from the local police

WHY I CAN'T WAIT:  So who here doesn't wish they could hear their dog speak actual words?  I phrase it this way because I'm sure many will agree our animals talk to us all the time.  I think this sounds like a fun read and I'll be honest, when I was browsing Monday and saw that cover, I knew this would be a perfect book to feature as my "They Call It Puppy Love" challenge wraps up.

WHAT BOOK CAN'T YOU WAIT FOR THIS WEEK???

37 comments:

  1. This might be a little too whimsical for me, but it sounds super cute! I'd love to know what my dogs would say if they could speak. My cavvie boy especially, because he's such a big goofball.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sounds so sweet. Booker T's favorite comment would be "I'm hungry."

      Delete
  2. I wish I could talk to my dog - although I'm sure he'd tire me out with wanting to go out - and asking for treats. I think it would be worth it though.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be mine. At least Booker T. He's food motivated. Cass just wants attention.

      Delete
  3. I would dearly love to know what my dogs are thinking especially when they bark their heads off for no reason lol This does sound like such fun! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Booker T does that. Just stands in the backyard when he goes out and barks for no reason at all.

      Delete
  4. Downward Dog looks cute and sounds like a fun mystery to read. I am stubbornly not looking ahead too much for new releases until I get through more of my current TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that cover! I love the sound of it too and might need to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover immediately caught my attention. It could easily be Booker. Although he'd never wear pink.

      Delete
  6. Oh boy! I actually almost spit my tea all over my computer when I saw that hilarious cover art. LOL I'm getting my Puppy Love wrap up post ready now. I didn't review near as many books as I wanted this year. Just didn't have time. Dang it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of mine are spilling over to next month. Face it, I'm always collecting and reading dog books in between the mysteries and horror.

      Delete
  7. I love that cover, Barb! I hope the book is good and you love it. I'll watch for a review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a perfect choice! I really wish I understood my dogs, because I don't always, and it's so frustrating😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes they just can't get it through our head's huh?

      Delete
  9. I love everything about it. Thanks for putting a smile on my face to go along with my morning coffee. -
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to help you smile - smiling is always good.

      Delete
  10. OMG YES! I always wanted to know what my dogs thought! It does sound like a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute cover. Would love to hear our dogs actual words. Sounds like a good mystery. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've got me curious about this book. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're quite welcome. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  13. I would love it if dogs can talk! That would be fun lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This cover and title are the absolute best!! I am laughing out loud over here! This does sound like it will be fun. I hope that you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that bulldog so much. We're convinced Booker T is part bulldog. Everyone thinks he is and he does favor one.

      Delete
  15. This sounds like so much fun! I'd love to be able to talk to my dogs like that. I'm adding this to my wishlist. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this looks great. The cover alone would make me get this one. Excellent choice!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute! My best friend loves English Bulldogs. They have had three now. I will have to show her this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to have one. The full blooded ones seems to have so many health issues though and my dogs put us through the vet wringer enough as is.

      Delete
  18. I was just expecting that's what caught your eye. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Dog Days of Summer list is growing...and growing...and growing.

      Delete
  19. This sounds super cute. I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete