Friday, February 1, 2019

January 2019 Down for the Count!


So the start to my reading year wasn't exactly what I had imagined.  And I simply blame "The Passage."  I can't believe I still haven't finished this book and had I concentrated on it until it was done, it probably wouldn't taken me more than 10 days to read it entirely. However, I chose a different path and because of that, I didn't get many books read this month and now Goodreads is mocking me!  However, I have tracked all my challenges and even have a page total for you at the end so all is not lost.

In An Absent Dream (Wayward Children #4): Seanan McGuire 5/5
(Dance With Fantasy - Portal Fantasy)

Magic Bites (Kate Daniels #1): Ilona Andrews 4/5
(Library Lovers, What An Animal, Dancing With Fantasy - Magical Law Enforcement)

And the Ocean Was Our Sky: Patrick Ness 3/5 
(Dancing With Fantasy - Uncommon Fantasy Creatures, Library Lovers, What An Animal)

Jughead: The Hunger (Issue 1) 3/5
(Library Lovers)

Jughead: The Hunger (Issue 2) 3/5
(Library Lovers)

A Dangerous Collaboration (Veronica Speedwell #4): Deanna Raybourn 4/5
(Cloak & Dagger)

The Hate U Give: Angie Thomas 4/5

So overall, pretty disappointing.  My favorite read was probably "In an Absent Dream" and at least I had no rating lower than 3/5.  I guess that's a win.  However,  I will finish "The Passage" the first week of February if it kills me!!!!

TOTAL PAGE COUNT (so I can add in my partial reads and feel somewhat better about myself):

1,977 pages

So how did you month shape up?


20 comments:

  1. I had a pretty good month but I remember The Passage being quite the struggle for me. I never did continue with the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a weird book. I like it but it's not exactly riveting. At this point, it's a personal challenge to not let it defeat me!

      Delete
  2. Seems like you read a lot of good books in January. A couple of the ones I read were a little disappointing, but the majority was good. Good luck finishing The Passage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Overall I was pleased. There were no real duds at least.

      Delete
  3. I hope February is a better reading month for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it looks like the books you did pick up were enjoyable, so that's something. I hope your February works out better for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, at least they were all pretty decent.

      Delete
  5. My month was pretty good overall with 19 books read, a few DNFed and a pile deleted from the TBR. I'm determined to have a good February! I hope your reading is better this month too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow you read A LOT! sorry it was mostly disappointing! I was hoping you loved THUG as much as I did

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it. I had a few minor issues but overall it was really good book. I'm anxious to give her new book a try.

      Delete
  7. I think you are doing great. I read a bunch of books in January. Now to write those reviews. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, sometimes getting those reviews out is a chore itself.

      Delete
  8. Yeah, this is why I don't make myself continue to read a book any more if I'm not enjoying it - it just completely stops me from reading because it gives me a mental block. I'm not saying I find it easy to put a book down - it's like a challenge - but, I know it will cause a major backlog - that being said - you still read a lot of pages! Well done.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I wasn't enjoying it, I quit. It's a weird book to explain. I like it it's just taking forever.

      Delete
  9. I was doing okay in January until I started reading Kingdom of Copper, and having to go back to look for things I thought I missed, but actually didn't. Ugh. It took ten days to read it, and it's also put me in a reading slump.😞

    I think you are doing well with your challenges! 🙌🙌🙌

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yea the challenges are shaping up nicely so far.

      Delete
  10. Looks like a good month to me! And I am so happy that you are reading the Kate Daniels series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I have a feeling I'm really going to love it!

      Delete