Sunday, July 9, 2023

Farm News - July 9, 2023



So I didn't get a post up last weekend as I was on vacation and preparing for our annual 4th of July cookout.  I've been off all week and thought it was about time to catch up and touch base.  

The cookout went well even if it was a tad hot.  Mr. Barb overcooked as usual, and everyone brought extra food so we've pretty much been living on leftovers the rest of the week.  Apollo enjoyed the extra attention and even got a new fancy cooling mat so he could be outside with us the majority of the day.  Speaking of Apollo, Bandana Summer is still going strong.  He has yet to miss a day or wear a repeat.  I promise to have more pictures next week.

For a switch, I actually got a lot of reading done while off.  Usually, my reading falls to the wayside for some reason when I'm off but I finished 5 books and am starting 3 news ones today.  I can't make up my mind.  Here are the three I'm currently going back and forth between to see which one sticks the best.

We didn't really watch any great movies as it seems there wasn't much to stream.  However, I'm typing this on a Saturday evening, and we are planning to watch Guardians of the Galaxy 3 tonight so I'll give you an update next weekend.  

I was approved for a few exciting arcs this week.  Where He Can't Find You releases November 7, 2023 and I'm really curious how Darcy Coates is able to write and publish so much in a year's time.  Let Him In sounds like a really exciting new horror novel and it releases on October 3, 2024.  Just in time for Halloween. And finally, Zeus: Water Rescue is the start of a new middle-grade dog series by Bruce W. Cameron.  I'm always interested in whatever he comes out with.  It releases August 29, 2023.


I'm trying to gear up to get back in the groove with work Monday which isn't all that bad when you work from home 95% of the time.  Wish me luck! Hope you all had a wonderful week as well.





12 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a nice week off! I am glad that the cook out went well even if it was a bit hot. I liked the Armstrong book and am quite tempted by Let Him In. Have a great week, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curious about Where He Can't Find You. Always glad to hear about new ARCs. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to request Where He Can't Find You. I just finished Dead of Winter and I thought it was really good! Looking forward to the bandana pix😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of good books to read. That's always fun. I enjoy Darcy Coates, so I'll be quickly adding those to my own TBR. And good luck this week with work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like the cookout went well - I always get a good feeling when eating leftovers, because I'm saving money:)). I really need to catch up with Kelley Armstrong's books as I used to read all her books as they came out. I hope the coming week is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great you enjoyed your time off and fit in some reading. No matter how much I read I want to read more. But not horror which you seem to read. It's more than a tad hot and will be through August. Ugh.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. Curious how your are fairing with Dead of Winter, also curious about how you are liking Shady Hollow, not tried it but hear mixed things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh a new Kelley armstrong? Sounds like you had a nice Fourth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a great week. Plus, reading 5 books? Very nice. I hope this is a good week for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you had a lovely barbecue! Me and my family had a lovely barbecue too!

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    Please join the Book Photo Sundays and Cover Spotlight

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had a nice BBQ and enjoyed some quality reading time over your vacation. Shady Hollow has such a nice cover; I hope the book is as enjoyable as it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm happy to hear you had a great 4th! ⛅

    I love the cover for Shady Hollow. 📘✨

    ReplyDelete