Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Feed Your TBR - Hex Education

 

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight highly anticipated books.  It is based on the Waiting on Wednesday meme which used to be hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.




September 19, 2023


FROM GOODREADS: Beauty, grace, and a resting witch face…

Bewitched meets Yellowjackets in Maureen Kilmer’s Hex Education when a former coven reunites to stop their lives from going up in flames.

On the outside, luxury realtor Sarah Nelson looks like every other mom in the neighborhood—running errands, navigating the school pickup line, and begrudgingly volunteering at the high school concession stand. Yet she has an edge that others don’t: She’s a witch! She uses light magic in secret, small ways, almost like an enchanted personal assistant. And absolutely no one knows about it.

Except her estranged ex-coven. In college, when she and two friends, Katrina and Alicia, first uncovered the magic, it didn’t take long before they used it to improve their lives. Yet, they made a mistake one night, and their dorm went up in flames and burned to the ground. After that terrible night, the coven scattered. And no one ever found out that the fire was their fault. Their secret was safe, until the three reunite at a ceremony commemorating the anniversary of the fire. Suddenly, the magic doesn’t seem to want to stay small any longer. Her familiar—an overweight orange tabby cat named Katy Furry—begins to argue with her. Her self-brooming broom goes full Martha Stewart. Her fridge overdoes it and stocks thirty pounds of sliced turkey for school lunches.

As it grows more and more difficult to hide the magic and the past, Sarah, Katrina, and Alicia once again gather to harness their power, and keep their secrets safe…before they find out if polite society still burns witches.

WHY I CAN'T WAIT:  I had a blast reading Surburban Hell last year so when I'm definitely grabbing this one when it releases.  I love witches and come on, a familiar named Katy Furry - that's classic!

11 comments:

  1. I love the sound of this one - so much so that I've nicked across to Netgalley and requested an arc:)). Fingers crossed, Barb - and thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll admit, the idea of a fridge that stocks itself with food is very appealing to me! (I have boys. They eat. A lot.) This sounds like an enjoyable read. Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a fun book! I hope it lives up to your expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The title alone makes me want to read this, and I love the sound of the blurb. I'll definitely be checking this out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds a load a fun to read. I think I would get a kick out of this. Yes, a fridge that stocks itself would be very appealing. 🌞📚

    ReplyDelete
  6. Purple is my favorite color, so this cover definitely caught my attention. Hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got this one on my TBR too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds fun, and the Yellowjackts reference doesn't hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving the sounds of this! (Katy Furry 🤣) - Verushka at Pop. Edit. Lit

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of the character's names is Alicia? Well now I have to check it out. Hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! I am really looking forward to this one, too. It sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete