Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Feed Your TBR - At the Bottom of the Garden

 

Can't Wait Wednesday, which I have adapted to better suit my blog as "Feed Your TBR" is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight highly anticipated books.  It is based on the Waiting on Wednesday meme which used to be hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.


January 28, 2025

FROM GOODREADS: Clara Woods is a killer. At the bottom of the garden is a flowerbed, long overgrown, where her late husband rests in peace – or so she always thought. Until the girls arrived.

Lily and Violet are her adolescent nieces, recently orphaned and in urgent need of care. Raising teenagers is certainly not what Clara had envisioned for herself, but her funds are drying up and the girls come with a hefty sum attached.

There is only one thing, both girls are untrained witches, with newly heightened powers which they inherited from their mother when she died. Lily can literally see how people feel and knows when they lie. And young Violet can see the dead man at the bottom of the garden. She can see all the dead and call them back.

Soon Clara is surrounded by apparitions, and at war with the gifted girls in her care. The latter have become a liability – and know far more than they should. There is a war waging in this house, and only one side can win…

WHY I CAN'T WAIT: I have a few books by this author sitting on my shelves waiting to be read.  I probably should read them before adding another but this one sounds so good.  I love witches and the Gothic vibe it's giving off.  

WHAT BOOK CAN'T YOU WAIT FOR THIS WEEK???



8 comments:

  1. Yes! More witches and gothic books, please! This sounds really good, Barb. I hope you love it when you read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not familiar with this author, but the story sounds quite intense. Dead bodies, witches. Is it wrong that I already don't like the aunt? Hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound like a good one! I'm very curious to see who comes out on top...Clara or her nieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a great October read Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! I love the creepy cover! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The girls sound...unnerving LOL. I've seen this one on Tammy's blog...still not sure if it's for me, but I'm keeping it on my radar...

    Among my most anticipated reads there's Here Lies a Vengeful Bitch by Codie Crowley (it comes out on Aug. 6th). How's that for a title? 😂 Plus I love afterlife stories and dead/undead characters...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love Camilla Bruce's books, I think I've read all except one. I can't wait for this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, this sounds spooky! Hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete