Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Top 10 Tuesday - Books I'll Never Read





The Top 10 weekly meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and can be found here.   Each week they focus on lists which cover various topics related to books and reading. This week we are looking at the Top 10 Books I'll Never Read.  However, I don't like to admit defeat, so I am actually only making this a Top 5.


The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave #2): Rick Yancey - Unlike the masses, I personally couldn't stand The 5th Wave.  And then I have seen and heard reviews saying people found this one less enticing than the first so that sealed the deal.









Gone With The Wind: Margaret Mitchell - I suppose this is a classic and people love and adore it but it just doesn't interest me.  (Hides head and admits I have never even seen the movie)









The Stand: Stephen King - This is absolute blasphemy.  Anyone who follows my blog know I love Stephen King.  He is my favorite author - EVER!  But I have seen movie and remake of this and have yet to read the book and don't know if it will ever happen. 







Jane Eyre: Charlotte Bronte - Classics have never interested me very much and instead of being ashamed, I am going to broadcast it loud and proud.










Allegiant: Veronica Roth - I own this boxset so it still may get read.  But come on, I know what happens - the big spoiler.  And I wasn't even really told.  Everyone was making so big a deal about it that it wasn't too hard to figure out.  And then a friend confirmed it when I point blank asked.  So yeah, I figure I can wait for the movie.







So what made you list this week?  Leave me a link so I can check it out.



9 comments:

  1. Ooh I love The Stand! The book is better than the TV versions and the story has so many layers to it. I love it! It is so not my genre but I actually liked the film of Gone with the Wind! Yes I'm surprised at myself but it was a boring Sunday and I'd lost the remote control and got caught up in it. The book was ok-I read it years later. I didn't like the 5th Wave either and I really hate the classics. They just bore me! Nice list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see someone else didn't like The 5th Wave. I remember when I read it everyone else was loving it and I was such the outsider. I may read The Stand some day, but not in the near future.

      Delete
  2. I think it is interesting that I have seen Gone with the Wind on several lists. I've not read it myself and didn't even think about it when I was pondering my list, but now it makes me wonder where it would fall on my reading list...

    Here's what I came up with:
    http://insearchoftheendofthesidewalk.com/2015/05/05/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-i-will-probably-never-read/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your list! I had Steven King's Dark Tower series on mine. I love Stephen King, but just no desire there whatsoever. Gone With the Wind is on mine too. I actually suffered through Jane Eyre a few years ago. Some parts were good, but the majority was just a snooze fest.

    http://hiddenstaircase.net/2015/05/05/ttt-ten-books-i-will-probably-never-read/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have much the same opinion on classics, and would not read Gine a With The Wind. Unfortunately I had to read Jane Eyre for school but I never finished it! I have yet to read Allegiant but I want to if only so I can say I've read the whole trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/05/top-ten-tuesday-3/

      Delete
  5. I totally agree, I will never read Gone With the Wind either, I saw the movie when I was young and couldn't stand it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did read Allegiant, and thought it was a massive waste of time (in fact, I hated the entire series) so I can see what you mean there.
    I'm not a huge classics reader either (not because I don't like them, but because I never manage to sit through them without getting distracted) and Gone With the Wind is one I probably will not ever read (I do want to, I just doubt I will).
    I almost don't want to read The Infinite Sea for the opposite reason; I really enjoyed The 5th Wave but I heard The Infinite Sea is bad, so don't want to tarnish the first one if the sequel isn't as good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard similar things about The Infinite Sea. I think many feel it was a letdown. Although you will probably have to read it if you hope to pick up book 3 when it comes out. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete