Friday, July 10, 2015

Stacking the Shelves (23)

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!  The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews.  I totally missed this post last week, so sorry for the absence.  Hopefully I can remember what has landed on my shelves and Kindle the over the past 2 weeks.

I bought one physical book last night while at Walmart:

Max: Best Friend. Hero. Marine: Jennifer Li Shotz, Boaz Yakin, Sheldon Lettich.  As soon as I saw this, I had to grab it.  I can't wait for the movie to come out on DVD so I can watch it with my pups!

From Amazon I obtained:



Agent to the Stars Queen of Someday Southern Bound Trailer Park Fae

Agent to the Stars: John Scalzi - I picked this up because I have been interested in it and Fuzzy Nation for some time and Amazon has it currently for $2.99.
Queen of Someday (Stolen Empire #1): Sherry D. Ficklin - Grabbed this because one of the COYER challenge moderators pointed out it was free one day last week.
Southern Bound (Max Porter #1): Stuart Jaffe.  This was another free one which didn't sound half bad.
Trailer Park Fae (Gallow and Ragged #1): Lilith Saintcrow - I wanted this one since it came out so I bit the bullet and paid full price (a rarity for me in the Kindle world).

And last but not least, here are some of the ARCs I received:



A Curious Beginning The Wanderers Girl and Gargoyle All Dogs Go to Kevin

A Curious Beginning (Veronica Speedwell Mystery #1): Deanna Raybourn - This comes out September 1, 2015 and I want to thank Edelweiss and Penguin/NAL for my ARC.
The Wanderers: Kate Ormand -  This also comes out September 2, 2015 from Sky Pony Press.
The Girl and the Gargoyle: Pauline Gruber - I read the first ARC two years ago and have been waiting patiently for the next installment.  Dragonfly Ink, Ltd. and Netgalley provided me with my copy with is out now.
All Dogs Go to Kevin: Jessica Vogelsang - This comes out July 14, 2015 and sounds like a great dog story.  Thanks Netgalley and Grand Central Publishing.

What did you get this week?  Have you read or do you plan to read any of these?  Let me know where to check out your stack.



7 comments:

  1. I'm doing pretty well with limiting the book buying for now. Over the summer a few books I ordered earlier this year will be coming to me so that will keep the STS going! As long as I'm reading more than I buy, that's a good thing! Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul! The Wanderers sounds so good. Have an awesome week! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul, enjoy your new beauties!

    Come and check out OUaT's STS!

    + Enter to win an ARC copy of SIX OF CROWS!

    Leydy @ OUaT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trailer Park Fae looks fantastic. Love the cover. Oooo, and Gargoyles...I'll have to take a peek. Great haul!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the first Gargoyle book was really interesting. I love gargoyles almost as much as shifters so I look forward to continuing on. Thanks for stopping by. Oh, and I'll admit it, Trailer Park Fae was pretty much a cover buy!

      Delete
  5. Oooh these look good! I got The Wanderers too, though I think I forgot to add it! I love the cover for A Curious Beginning, I think I will have to check that out too! Hope you enjoy the new additions, and have a fabulous week :)

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo, Trailer Park Fae is one I want to try. And want A Curious Beginning. Enjoy your haul ;-)

    ReplyDelete