Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Top 5 Wednesday - Characters Who Deserve Their Own Series/Book


Top 5 Wednesday was created by Gingereadslainey on booktube and can also be found on goodreads.  The link is located HERE.  This week we are looking at characters who deserve their own series/book.

 Isaac from The Fault in Our Stars.  I know I am the minority, but I didn't care for the book or movie as much as everyone else.  I did love Isaac though and would love to know more about him and see what he has been up to lately.








Jenks the fairy from Kim Harrison's The Hollow series.  Jenks is clearly my favorite character in the book and I think a book about him would be great.  He is gritty and speaks his mind, plus he has a way of getting into tons of trouble.  The book where he was "super-sized" to average human size was the best!











 Beezle from Christina Henry's Black Wings series.  I love that little gargoyle and while it may be a stretch to give him his own series, I would definitely grab it as soon as it was released.














 Stefan Uccello from Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson series.  Stefan is a vampire who appears in several of the books.  He drives a van painted like the Scooby-Doo mystery van.  Tell me how that alone wouldn't make for a great spin-off???













 I have two characters from Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series whom I think make better series leads than Sookie herself.  First of all there is Sam.  While he was a main character in the book and it's probably too late for his own series, I believe his story could have been much better than Sookie's.  Second there is Pam Ravenscroft.  Perhaps because she was so well done in the True Blood series, Pam quickly became one of my favorite residents of Bon Temps.  I would love to have a series entirely devoted to her.









What made your list this week?  Any thoughts on these?  Leave a comment so I can check out your  Top 5.
 

4 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you about Isaac! I thought there should've been more about him as it would have added to the story. You can reads my post if you like : http://rambling-reads.blogspot.com/2015/07/top-5-characters-that-deserve-their-own.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isaac! Yes!!! Here is my Top 5: http://mooneyesrandomsmile.blogspot.ca/2015/07/top-five-wednesday-side-characters-that.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the other comments I agree with Isaac

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isaac is the perfect choice! I really hated TFIOS, but Isaac is a brilliant character.

    ReplyDelete