Friday, July 31, 2015

Stacking the Shelves (26)

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!  The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews.  It was a decent week for books so here we go!

I received 2 physical books this week.  I was going to borrow them from the library, but I think they are so creepy and beautiful that I needed my own copies.  


Miss Peregrin's Home Hollow City


For my Kindle I purchased (or obtained for free):

To Catch her Death Styx & Stoned What the Dog Ate

And for review I received:

Alice Cooper Edward Scissorhands Once Upon A Zombie
Rescue Me, Maybe House Trained Fuzzy Mud

Alice Cooper #1: Joe Harris & Eman Casallos - This man used to terrify me as a child.  Now that I am older, I consider him fairly harmless.  However, I believe he would translate beautifully into a graphic novel.  This one comes out September 1, 2015 from Diamond Book Distributors.  I plan on reading it next week for a read-a-thon.
Edward Scissorhands #2 Whole Again: Kate Leth -  Releases November 3, 2015 from Diamond Book Distributors.
Once Upon A Zombie - The Color of Fear:  Billy Phillips, Jenny Nissenson - A fairy tale about princesses - and they're all zombies.  Now that is my kind of Disneyland! Releases October 1, 2015 from Smith Publicity.
Rescue Me, Maybe: Jackie Bouchard.  Releases August 25, 2015 from Lake Union Publishing.
House Trained: Jackie Bouchard. Releases October 20, 2015 from Lake Union Publishing. I am so glad to get my hands on these ones!
Fuzzy Mud: Louis Sachar - A middle grade horror which sounded interesting.  Releases August 4, 2015 from Random House Children's. 

Thanks to Netgalley and all the publishers for these new pretties!  What did you get this week?  Leave a message so I can check out your hauls!



12 comments:

  1. Those two books with the creepy children on the cover are quite unsettling! I hope your books live up to expectations! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your weekend is good too. So far, not too much reading, but have spend some great time with family.

      Delete
  2. Great haul. Have a wonderful week!

    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got Once Upon A Zombie as well this week. I just couldn't resist the cover. Your other books look fabulous.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we both enjoy it. The cover really attracted me.

      Delete
  4. Oh, you have such beautiful covers! I did get the first Boone Brux book for free last week as well. Had to get it just for the cover alone.

    I entered Once Upon a Zombie into Amazon to check it out and found zombie dolls. Too cute!

    Some great books. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the covers on the Boone Brux books and will admit they are what caught my attention.

      Delete
  5. Miss Peregrine's is so awesome! I understand why you wanted your own copy. I have yet to read Hollow City, but I've heard it's great!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I can at least get the first one read during October. They seem like perfect Halloween reads.

      Delete
  6. The only one's I've seen before is Peregrine and I think I have an eBook, but I haven't read it yet. I hope you love your new goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like some awesome books you got yourself! I have only a couple of the same ones. You'll have to let me know what you think of the Miss Peregrine's books. I'm not so sure about those ones :)

    Nicole @ Boundless Bookaholic

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great haul! I need to check out Miss Peregrine's... It sounds good.

    ReplyDelete