Monday, May 1, 2017

April 2017 Wrap Up - Where Did the Month Go?


So April reading did not go as planned but I refuse to look at it negatively and am just grateful for everything I did manage to read.  I did manage to read 6 books and 2 graphic novels so that was good. I'm still behind on my Goodreads Challenge but every time I gain some ground, I quickly lose it again.  Seems like it may be a year-long struggle but at least I'm not far behind.  So here is how the month played out.

GOODREADS: 31/100 (2 behind)
2017 CLOAK & DAGGER CHALLENGE:  14/25 (Duels & Deception, The Skeletons of Scarborough House)
2017 FLIGHTS OF FANTASY CHALLENGE: 12/18 (Thorn Jack, True North, Descender Vol. 2, )
2017 HORROR READING CHALLENGE: 9/25 (Forbidden Brides....)
2017 WHAT AN ANIMAL CHALLENGE: 8/20 (About a Dog, The Skeletons of Scarborough House)
2017 NEW RELEASE CHALLENGE: 19/61 (About a Dog, Duels & Deception, True North, The Most Beautiful, Forbidden Brides...)
BLOGGER SHAME REVIEW CHALLENGE: 2/12 (The Skeletons of Scarborough House)

So I had 3 3-paw reads, 4 4-paw reads, and 1 5-paw read.  My favorite reads this month were "The Most Beautiful," "About a Dog," and "The Skeletons of Scarborough House."

How did you guys do in April? And can you believe how fast 2017 is flying!!!!




6 comments:

  1. Yes where did the month go indeed. April blew by in a flash, I didn't get near as many books finished as I had planned.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I could think of when I saw your post title was I know right? Lol April FLEW by. And those pesky Goodreads challenges... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two book behind is not that bad so good for staying positive. Because... You have read 31 books that is great! We bookworms are too hard on ourselves. We keep forgetting the average human being reads one or two books a year maybe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a terrible April reading month. I don't even know what I read, maybe only four books?? May is going to be very similar. I'm actually looking forward to the end of May when I'm taking a few days off work and will be able to catch up:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks to me that you are doing pretty well on your challenges, based on your numbers. Plenty of time to get everything done! Two books behind on GR isn't bad-one good reading week will change that for sure. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was 10 books behind on my reading goal last month and now I'm on track so it's definitely doable! Love the sound of the books you read this month and good luck for May!

    ReplyDelete