Tuesday, May 2, 2017

TTT - 10 Books I Added to My Wishlist Strictly Because of Their Covers!

This top 10 weekly meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and can be found HERE.  Each week they focus on lists which cover various topics related to books and reading.  Today's topic is a cover-related freebie so I'm showing you books that I added to the wishlist STRICTLY because of the cover - meaning I didn't read the synopsis and just saw the beautiful (or maybe in some cases creepy) and knew I'd have to read it!  

I know I can't be the ONLY person who does this!







This one is kind of cheating because I've read the first book but I didn't really LOVE it, in fact, if you remember, it caused a huge reading slump.  Needless to say though, saw this cover last week and was sold on trying this one as well.

What is this one about?  Couldn't tell you.  In fact, the only other thing I read by this author I didn't care for but nonetheless, it's on the wishlist.   (There are fangs so I'm assuming vampires).

There's a cute pig sitting in the window -  I need to know about him.  This cover is busy but that damned pig grabbed my attention so onto the wishlist it went.

I featured this one last week in a tag and yes, since purchasing it, I've read the synopsis and it does sound good.  But it went on my wishlist the moment I saw the cover.

Gorgeous lion ✔ Shades of purple ✔  Own the first two? - Nope.  Didn't even know it was part of a series when it landed on the wishlist.  Why? Because I didn't read the synopsis until later.

I know this is a popular author and I've read one of her books before but it really didn't matter once I saw this cover.  That's all it took.

Cute dog with an awesome expression.  Who cares what the synopsis is?

I think it's the combination of the colors and the globe which landed this one on the wishlist.

This one has a really creepy cover and the tagline "Nothing is Forgiven" sealed the deal.

So, do you add books to your wishlists/TBR's just because of the cover?  Better yet, have you read any of these and can share that adding them was a good idea after all?



33 comments:

  1. I tend to pic things based on cover but I normally at least read the synopsis to make sure I would like it first...lol.

    That dog cracks me up!!! I do see some on your list I would like to check out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I don't know what they did to get that expression on the dog. Maybe he looks like that all the time.

      Delete
  2. Covers are more important than I want to admit. I would have at least read the back of Clown Moon too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorite covers this year so far. Now I can't say anything about the book because I haven't read it yet!

      Delete
  3. Kalahari has a stunning cover! I've never heard of the series either, but just like you, I'm tempted to add it to my TBR list without thinking about the synopsis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I love lions anyway so it wasn't a hard sell for me.

      Delete
  4. yes to ALL these covers. I would have gotten them ALL too. MY favorite has to be All the Crooked Saints. I don't why I'm running into so many books with "problematic " reviews lately! It's like a curse! All the Crooked Saints has some heat on too. :(
    I haven't been able to read any of her books yet though :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I haven't heard about those reviews. Guess it will go up there with Black Witch - but I still plan to read both of them. I read Shivers years ago and really liked it (of course I like wolves so there was that). I really should read that whole trilogy. Everyone seems to rave about The Raven Boys Cycle books as well.

      Delete
  5. I love that Kalahari cover and I feel like that book got very little attention when it came out? I like Pretty Dead because fangs lol and Winterbay Abbey looks freaky so that's a win too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't remember hearing much about that series either. I can't wait to check out Winterbay Abbey.

      Delete
  6. I definitely go for books based on the cover. Sometimes I just want to own them, whether I read them or not. And I do love that new Maggie Stiefvader cover - wow! I love her, and I'm not sure if I have that book on my list yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do it too! These are some good ones, Barb! I would have been in shock if I didn't see at least one with a doggie on it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I could have done a whole post of dog covers but try to mix it up some which is easy to do since I'm a pretty eclectic reader.

      Delete
  8. Pretty Dead is TOTALLY striking! It'd get me to pick it up to read the cover. The doggie though looks scared?!? Or Sad at least

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something about his expression - that's for sure. When I really look at it, I think it's the color of the eyes. But yea, I think he at least looks startled.

      Delete
  9. There are not as many dogs on your list as I had thought there would be. The dog on the cover of The Dog Who Came Home for Christmas is the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have EASILY done a whole dog post. Maybe next time!

      Delete
  10. Heck, there's quite a few on here that I would add to my tbr solely based on the cover too! The one with the lion, especially - wow!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love lions and that cover is stunning!

      Delete
  11. I like the Maggie Stiefvater cover the best of these, and that pig one is irresistible! I'm shocked that only one dog cover made your list. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went back and forth between all dogs but I do a lot of dog related posts and Booker T just picked two dog books for my WOW feature last week so I decided to mix it up.

      Delete
  12. I totally pick up books based on their covers. I have been burned a few times this way, but usually I find books I love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been burned too, but not a whole lot. Guess it's a risk you take. I've actually been burned more buy movie "covers" and then the movie stinking.

      Delete
  13. I don't ever decide to read books based solely on cover because I'm too picky of a reader, but you do you! And I love that Mad King cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely cover will make me pick up the book but I have to like the sound of the blurb before I'll buy it. Even a free book, I have to know the story interests me first! Jovee Winters does fantastic book covers and that one is no exception. I featured another series by the author on my Cover Love this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will rarely buy one without reading the blurb but it's always the cover that really sells me.

      Delete
  15. Those are some awesome covers! Of course, you know I especially love the dog one! That face!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All The Crooked Saints has such a lovely cover!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/05/02/top-ten-tuesday-105/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the colours on the cover for All The Crooked Saints.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so excited for All the Crooked Saints! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete