Friday, May 5, 2017

Weekly Reads (05/05/17)


So last Friday night was a doozy.  It started storming right about bedtime and Booker T wasn't having none of it.  About the time the stormed rolled out and he calmed down, another round would roll in. He even took 2 of his doggy Xanax and they didn't seem to phase him for some reason.  I was up and down with him most of the night and alternated between sleeping in the bedroom, or moving down to the living room.  He seems to do better downstairs.  Since I was already up most of the night, I finished up "Bate's Motel" and let me say it was an excellent end to the series even if I didn't like the outcome for one of my favorite characters - Alex.  The next day Booker was still bright-eyed and bushy-tailless but Mom, Dad and even Cass were dragging.  Booker was wanting to romp and play and we were looking at him like "Really dude!"

The cousins are finally out of Grandpa's.  There were a couple of incidents over the weekend and Grandpa put down some rules and they got mad and took off.  Oh well, I say Good Riddance. There's enough family to keep an eye on and make sure the little ones' needs are met and they are taken care of so I say let the adults figure things out for themselves.

We watched "Rings" the other night.  On the whole, it was a pretty decent addition to the series.  That girl coming out of the well is still pretty terrifying.  It stars Johnny Galecki as a professor though and I can't help but think of him as Leonard from "Big Bang Theory" so it was kind of hard for me to focus.

Mr. Barb graduates tomorrow and his college is about 90 minutes away so by the time we get down there and back, we've have made 3 trips in a week so I'll be worn out.  I'm hoping when we aren't dealing with that I can relax and read.  I've got some great books lined up.....


I'm almost through with "Invader Zim" which I grabbed from the library because I needed something light and it looked cute.  Hoping to dive into "You Were Here" next and hoping I get so engrossed that I can actually get another one read and out of the way before next Friday.

How was your week and what are you planning this weekend?  Hope everyone in the path of all the rain and storms the past week or so is staying safe.


12 comments:

  1. Yea for your grandpa! I hope he decides never to open the door to them again and change his locks in case they made a secret key or something. Poor Booker T! Give him a big hug from Auntie Chuckles! I don't much like storms either and can't sleep when we get one. Congrats to Mr Barb on his graduation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandpa's already on the locking changing thing. Booker T is doing well now and look for some cute photos of him and Cass in Mr. Barb's graduation garb once graduation is over (and when dog hair will matter less :)

      Delete
  2. So glad the cousins are gone, I am sure your Grandpa will be so much more happier now. Good for him for laying down some rules. I know how you feel with the dogs as when we had the storms here Scooby had me up all night. :(

    Can't wait to see what you think of Wytches! It sounds good.

    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to pick it up tonight. I'm usually a one-at-a-time reader but I've found I am usually able to read a graphic novel and a regular one at the same time without too much trouble.

      Delete
  3. We had some storms recently. My dog hates them but is content to go hide on the bed in the guest room. Glad to hear your grandpa handled things. Family messes are no fun. Hopefully you'll have a relaxing weekend and enjoy some reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish T would find someplace he is content when it gets like that. He is worse in the nighttime rather than the daytime.

      Delete
  4. Yay for graduation and poor Booker. Storms can be rough on the animals! Hope you get lots of reading time this weekend. :) And no storms!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Mr. Barb on his graduation! I hope you guys have a fantastic day tomorrow!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy that Grandpa is free of the cousins! Congrats to Mr. Barb on graduation...that is a huge accomplishment. My Molly is scared of storms and we spent Friday night last week and all day Saturday calming her down. No fun. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete