Thursday, May 18, 2017

Time Weaver Tour


Time Weaver: Heart of Cogs
Jacinta Maree
(Time Collector #1)
Publication date: February 21st 2017
Genres: Steampunk, Supernatural, Young Adult
I have a clock for a heart…and the man who put it there tried to take it out.
Time Collectors are modern day genies capable of exchanging wishes for time. Elizabeth Wicker lives within a steampunk world riddled with the supernatural. Among the stories of witches, Bacts, and other monsters, Time Collectors remain as the greatest hushed secret among the noble families. They are temptation’s greatest tools. A contract with a Time Collector is a guaranteed death sentence, and for some the price isn’t worth the prize. But when Elizabeth is struck down by a fatal heart attack, she finds herself trapped beneath a Time Collector’s blade. With no time left to offer, she makes a desperate sacrifice for a second chance at life. If there’s only one truth, it is a Time Collector will always come back to collect.

MY THOUGHTS:  I fell in love with this cover and think it's quite reflective of the book.   I've been trying out some new genres and while I'm not sure steampunk is for me, I still found this to be an interesting concept and enjoyable read.  I liked the added element of supernatural beings and especially enjoyed the interaction between Klaus and Elizabeth.  I have to admit I don't know that I ever really connected to Elizabeth, and at times found her rather boring at times. However, the fast pacing and author's imagination managed to keep the book soaring along despite my concerns.

If you love fantasy, steampunk and supernatural elements, "Time Weaver" should definitely go on your radar.  I am curious enough that I will probably pick up the next one when it releases and haven'r given up on steampunk quite yet.
Goodreads / Amazon / Barnes & Noble


Author Bio:
Born in Melbourne Australia, Jacinta Maree considers herself a chocoholic with an obsession with dragons and Japan. Published in 2012 to USA publisher Staccato Publishing, Jacinta writes a variety of genres from YA paranormal, steampunk, horror and fantasy. Winner of 2014 Horror of the year and best selling author, Jacinta writes to answer all of her absurd questions and to explore themes and characters not often seen in main media.

XBTBanner1

9 comments:

  1. Steampunk can be a hit or miss for me, but it does make for very unique and fun stories, though. I'm glad this one did not disappoint! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg I just fell in love with this cover too! WOw! You know I LOOOOOVE steampunk stuff [like characters, art, artifacts etc} but I have been procrastinating reading a steampunk book??? not sure why! Since I do like supernatural elements maybe this is the one to try when I get over my fantasy allergy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you should seriously think about it. And the cover is awesome!

      Delete
  3. Barb whee is your twitter icon??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm...I'll have to add one. You can find my @boxermommyreads.

      Delete
    2. Thank you I wanted to promote your posts! :)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very brave focuses in this article. I would have never thought to be any of these on the off chance that I didn't go over this. Much appreciated!. browse around this site

    ReplyDelete