Friday, May 12, 2017

Weekly Reads (05/12/17)


Man, what a week!  It feels like it's been 14 days long. First the good things.  Mr. Barb is now a college graduate - and with Honors nonetheless.  We went out to dinner Saturday evening and celebrated and then came home and celebrated with the dogs.  Also, this coming Tuesday is Booker T's Birthday so we're planning some special activities for him and Cass and then on the 16th we'll actually celebrate.  Yes, I am that kind of crazy doggy mom!  Look for pictures soon.

It has been a bad week for reading and I really need to cram some this weekend for some upcoming tours. I've had a headache for 2 days (Wednesday and Thursday) and there seems to be little end in sight.  Also, one word - COUSINS!  They pulled some really stupid stuff Sunday and Monday which prompted emergency trips to Grandpa's and some intervention.  Silly me thinking the drama would calm down once they moved out.  I've noticed the County Sheriff's Office where Grandpa lives does not like dealing with me because I know the rules/regulations and am clearly not some mild mannered woman calling to make a report.  PLEASE, we've got 2 criminal justice degrees in my household so give me a break.

We watched "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter" over the weekend and I think it was probably the best one of the franchise.  I always enjoy these movies and this one was no exception.  We also stated watching "Frontier" on Netflix and I'm not sure if we will continue but we were desperate one night. Oh, and we also watched a movie called "Wolves at the Door" which was inspired by the Manson Family murders and it was actually pretty creepy.  If you like that sort if thing, I would recommend it as well.

So here's what I'm planning on reading this weekend and the upcoming week.  Some of them look familiar because of the lack of reading.  I am about 1/3 into "You Were Here" and am hoping it picks up quickly.



Hope you guys all have a great weekend.  

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Mr Barb! OK I'm calling you guys if I ever need legal help! I hope you get this mess with the cousins sorted out. It sounds like a complete nightmare. I've only watched the first two Resident Evil films so far so I have a bit of catching up to do! Good to hear the new one is good. I'm in my own slump and considering ditching my planned reads to move to mood mode!

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would like all of them but I think this last one was done really well. I say go for the mood reading - it might actually keep a bigger slump from forming!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations On your husbands graduation! And Happy Birthday to Booker T! Sorry about your headaches. I've been having them and the doc says its stress related. Go figure. Wolves At The Door sounds good and those books look good too. Have a relaxing and fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stress sure can wreck havoc can't it! At least I don't really get migraines anymore. I really did like Wolves at the Door and now want to read some Manson inspired books.

      Delete
  3. Tell Mr. Barb I said Congrats! Your a crazy dog mom but a great one! :) I am not that crazy I don't do birthdays but I get them Christmas toys. :)

    Hope you get some reading time in I am craming two tour books this weekend too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He says thanks. Unfortunately my cramming isn't going very well.

      Delete
  4. Congrats to Mr. B and happy birthday to Booker T this week!

    I've never seen a Resident Evil movie and I saw Frontier on Netflix but haven't watched it. I've been watching Terra Nova (trying to finish that up ) and Luther... that show's kinda crazy lol.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We finished Frontier Friday night and now I'm definitely a fan. Can't wait for the next season.

      Delete
  5. Of your upcoming reads, I've only heard of Flame in the Mist...I finished it and I personally didn't feel it lived up to the hype, but I hope you enjoy!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard mixed things about it sadly but am still wanting to give it a try.

      Delete
  6. oh man, I love your family [except the cousin! WHF???] 2 criminal justice degrees??? HOW FREAKING AWESOME THAT IS? and it's also awesome that Mr. Barb graduated with honors and that your are such a good crazy doggy mom! :) Your puppies [there will always be puppies to you right?] are so lucky to have such a great family! good luck catching up with your reading. Flame in the Mist I heard is GOOD :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the kind words. And yes, they will always be puppies to us.

      Delete
  7. Congrats to your husband on graduating. That is a really big deal. Happy birthday to Booker T! Boo to the cousins. I hope things calm down a bit for you. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the cousins have definitely burned a lot of family bridges this month.

      Delete
  8. Big congratulations to your husband! And happy birthday to the pup. :) Looking forward to read your thoughts on Flame in the Mist!

    ReplyDelete