Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday (104)


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight highly anticipated books.  It is based on the Waiting on Wednesday meme which used to be hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. 







FROM GOODREADS: From the outside, the Cane family looks like they have it all. A successful military father, a loving mother and five beautiful teenage daughters. But on the inside, life isn't quite so idyllic: the Cane sisters can barely stand each other, their father is always away, and their neglectful mother struggles with addiction and depression.

When their youngest and most beloved sister, Rose, dies in a tragic accident, Mona Cane and her sisters are devastated. And when she is brought back from the dead, they are relieved. But soon they discover that Rose must eat human flesh to survive, and when their mother abandons them, the sisters will find out just how far they'll go to keep their family together.


WHY I CAN'T WAIT:  The Cane family sound utterly complicated and I can't wait to see what happens when Rose is reanimated and has to rely on human flesh.  Plus, I love horror and this one looks really intriguing! 

What book can't you wait for this week??? 
 

23 comments:

  1. SHIVERS!!! that cover plus blurb definitely gives me the shivers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I think the cover is downright terrifying.

      Delete
  2. Certainly sounds creepy...I can just imagine what the sisters will need to do! I'll be interested in seeing what you think of it when you get hold of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read this author's other works but I've heard she writes pretty creepy stuff.

      Delete
  3. I almost picked this a couple of weeks ago, it sounds very creepy, plus creepy cover too! I love stories with complex family dynamics, so I can't wait for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kind of reminds me of that Netflix show with Drew Barrymore, can't think of the name...lol. I am curious though not really a zombie type person though it does sound a bit different. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Santa Clarita Diet. Such a gross but funny show :)

      Delete
    2. I LOVE that show and highly recommend it to anyone that likes dark humor. Plus I love Drew Berrymore so that helps too.

      Delete
  5. Wow, this sounds so creepy! I feel like that cover could give me nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it doesn't, what's between the pages might.

      Delete
  6. Wow! Such a creepy looking cover! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and I love creepy so I have to read it!

      Delete
  7. There is some movie quote about leaving dead things dead, I can't remember it, but essentially it is never a good idea to bring the dead back. This book sounds terrifying.
    Sam @ WLABB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is. I love that saying too but I can't remember the show either.

      Delete
  8. Wow, what a creeeeeepy cover! That's it, it's going on my wishlist :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could add to your TBR for a change instead of the other way around!

      Delete
  9. Wondering just how far the sisters will go... Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cover is creepy as can be for sure! Hope you enjoy lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH, Barb!!! Well, you DID warn me, lol. All I can say is, I do hope you enjoy it! Me, I think I'll just turn tail and run for the hills!! LOL.

    Thanks for commenting on my CWW post!! HUGS TO YOU, AND A "WOOFY" HELLO TO THE BOYS!! Hope you all enjoy the weekend!!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that cover is creepy... story sounds creepy too!

    ReplyDelete