Friday, December 9, 2016

Weekly Reads (12/09/16)


Well, as usual, it seems like the closer we get to Christmas, the faster time flies.  Today is Mr. Barb's birthday so I have gifts and dinner planned this evening.  I found the cutest Boxer Christmas ornament to give him from the boys and will try to post a pic next week.

Last Saturday I took my Grandfather to see his sister who lives about 2 hours away.  It was a nice day trip and he loved going but when you only have two days a week to get a lot done, it really cuts into things.  I'd like to say Christmas shopping is done but if I say it, it's a lie so that isn't the case. ALMOST though.

Oh, and I almost forgot, the truck had to have a new started this week - Merry Freakin' Christmas.  It almost left me stranded at Auto Zone but luckily the country girl from my childhood knew how to pop a clutch (Dad would be so proud).

Anyway, here's what's on the reading agenda this weekend and into next week (with a poorly done snowy effect because I played too long on PicMonkey).



So what's on your agenda this coming week?  Everyone be safe and enjoy the season!


8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Mr Barb or as a friend of mine would say 'Hodor!' Yeah I'm in a stupid mood today...It seems like Sod and Murphy work together on their Laws to cost you money right before Christmas every time huh. It's a good thing you know something about cars! Most people, me included, would be clueless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love the cover for Feast of Souls! That sounds delightfully freaktastic. 😜 And omg I hear you with the pre-Christmas-madness! I don't even do much to celebrate Christmas and I'm struggling to fit all the things into my day now.🙈🙊 Must be the looming end-of-year too. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell, Mr. Barb that I said Happy Birthday. :) I can't wait to try Feast of Souls so I hope you like it!

    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the starter. Cars are a complete money suck. I wish I live somewhere that I didn't need one to get around. Happy Birthday to Mr. Barb. Hope you guys had a delish dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, where is The Most Dangerous Place On Earth - that title grabs. Have a fun celebratory dinner!
    Real Neat Blog Award for you at http://vvb32reads.blogspot.com/2016/12/real-neat-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, Mr. Barb! Look at you popping a clutch! I would have had to call someone. O_O Sorry about having to buy a starter, though. Tis the season.. :( I look forward to your thoughts on Feast of Souls. I will probably read that one soon, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to Mr. Barb and I hope he loves the ornament! Sorry to hear about your starter but kudos to you for knowing how to pop a clutch. ;) Enjoy your reads this week!

    ReplyDelete