Thursday, December 29, 2016

Weekly reads (12/30/16) - Last of the Year!


I hope everyone out there who celebrated had a wonderful Christmas holiday and are ready for a safe and happy New Year.  Christmas Day went off without a hitch at The Farm. Mr. Barb smoked the ham and Mom and Grandpa came for dinner.  Mom surprised me by giving me my late father's class ring for Christmas as well as a necklace that belonged to my great-grandmother.  It was a very touching and thoughtful gift and I'd be lying if I said it didn't catch me off guard.

I was spoiled by Mr. Barb and I did likewise. Also, you'll be glad to know the pups hit the jackpot. Both got lots of toys and snacks as well as new beds and blankets.  Cass received several toys of the bird-nature since he is obsessed with them in general and Booker T is more of a "give me a snack" kind of guy.  However, he did get a football which we have already tested out in a local field.

We're visiting some friends for a few hours this evening, but after that, I'm hoping for a quiet and relaxing three day weekend before heading back to work,  I finished one book this week and am almost finished with a second (and since I am typing this in advance, I may actually be done with it by the time you read this.  Anyway, here are the next three books up on the pile.





I am loving "Pit Perfect."  It's a very quick read and is pretty much a cozy paranormal read.  Can't wait to get my review posted.  Stormi and I are doing a Tag Team read of "Little Heaven" and although I own several books by this author, this will be the first one I have read.  Finally, I need to get "Certain Dark Things" back to the library within the next two weeks so I need to get busy on it as well.

Hope everyone enjoys the best 2017 has to offer!  The pups send well wishes from The Farm.





8 comments:

  1. I just started Little Heaven! I hope we both love it. I've been so excited for that one. Also, enjoy your 3 day weekend. Woot woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really looking forward to Little Heaven. I've read only one other book by the author, The Troop. LH sounds like it'll be really different though!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that the whole family got great gifts! Have a nice relaxing New Year and then it's the start of another exciting book year! Love to the furry ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thinking of reading a Little Heaven as well because I wanted to make sure I got it read for our tag team review...great minds think alike. :) I hope you enjoy it this will be my second book by this author...and the first one I read was The Troop and it was different...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great Christmas! Little Heaven is going to be my next read. Can't wait! I saw Certain Dark Things on so many best of year lists. I look forward to your thoughts on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like your Christmas was wonderful! What a wonderful gift your mom gave you. I feel a little bad that my pups didn't get any gifts but we might see if any new beds are on sale this weekend. I have Little Heaven coming up soon and look forward to your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh Certain Dark Places got my attention after seeing a very enthusiastic review for it a week or so ago, but I wasn't sure it was for me. will be curious your thoughts.

    Glad you had a nice Christmas, and hope you have a super and relaxing New Years!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas, I am so glad to hear it! I have heard AMAZING things about Certain Dark Places, so I hope you love it, and the others too! Happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete