Tuesday, September 26, 2023

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

 


For some reason that I'm still not sure of, I have committed to doing three readathons during the month of October.  I will admit though that I worked hard to work in the books I actually wanted to read during the month anyway.  So, to keep myself accountable, I want to share a post with the readathons as well as what might/should get read.  Graphics are courtesy of the hosts and I will link to the readathon announcement when I can and also link the books to Goodreads so you can check them out.  I'm too lazy to add all the pics right now.

Hallowtween (MG Books) - Hosted by Storm Reads



Purple on the cover: The Vanquishers #2 - Secret of the Reaping - Kaylynn Bayron
Green on the cover: Slime Doesn't Pay! - R.L.Stein
Orange & Black on the Cover: Scritch Scratch - Lindsay Currie


Witches Need Love Too - Hosted by The Bookish Knitter


 
Witch or Hex in the Title AND Published in 2023: Hex Education - Maureen Kilmer
Purple on the Cover AND Not a Witch!: Not the Witch You Wed - April Asher

TBR and Beyond Trick-or-Treat Book Bash
Team Little Monsters!

Dark Fantasy/Retelling: ???
MG Horror or Mystery: Slime Doesn't Pay! - R.L.Stein
1st Book in a Series: Horror Hotel - Victoria Fulton
Book With a Setting That Scares You: Scritch Scratch - Lindsay Currie
Horror/Thriller/Mystery by BIPOC Author: The Vanquishers #2 - Kaylynn Bayron
Weapon on the Cover: ???
Characters That Use Magic: Beastly Bones (Jackaby #2) - William Ritter
Red, Orange or Black on the Cover: Hex Education - Maureen Kilmer
Read While Listening to Spooky Music: There's No Way I'd Die First - Lisa Springer
Takes Place in Space or in Water: ???
Read a Book With Vampires, Witches or Werewolves: Not the Witch You Wed - April Asher

So, there you have it.  On this last one, you get points for your team and there are 4 extra activity prompts as well.  I don't know that I can read a book for each category but if you have suggestions for the ones I've left blank, please let me know in the comments.

Happy Spooky Reading!!!!







6 comments:

  1. Best of luck with all three readathons! I am debating doing Witchtober (hosted by Your Book Friend), and possibly Fraterfest (hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love all the bookish events in Oct!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three readathons? I probably couldn't even finish one, though all three of these look like fun. Especially the witch one. Good luck...and happy reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so many arcs for the month of October that I am not going to have any time to read anything else! I hope that you enjoy all of these books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all sound fun! Good luck, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are stronger than me! Ha ha. Good luck. 🎃

    ReplyDelete