Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Feed Your TBR - The Butcher's Daughter

 

Can't Wait Wednesday, which I have adapted to better suit my blog as "Feed Your TBR" is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight highly anticipated books.  It is based on the Waiting on Wednesday meme which used to be hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.


September 24, 2024

FROM GOODREADS: Famed for being the baker who stuffed her pies with the flesh of Sweeney Todd’s victims, Margery Lovett has long been in the demon barber of Fleet Street’s diabolical shadow. But what led a woman who began life as a hard-working butcher’s daughter to such distasteful crimes?




WHY I CAN'T WAIT:  This synopsis is a mile long for this book so I just added a link so you can easily hop over to Goodreads if you want to know more.  I loved the Johnny Deep movie Sweeney Todd so when I saw this horror retelling come up, I knew it would be one I wanted to grab.  Although I think the synopsis is WAAAAYYYY too long.  



WHAT BOOK CAN'T YOU WAIT FOR THIS WEEK???

5 comments:

  1. Great pick Barb! I hope that you enjoy this one ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the movie yet. The book sounds interesting. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so good! I loved the Johnny Depp movie too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh a Sweeney Todd retelling! I'm definitely on board for this book. And you're right, the blurb is super long!

    ReplyDelete