Thursday, April 2, 2015

Stacking the Shelves (10)


tacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!  The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews.  This week hasn't been too hard on the wallet.  I received 3 galleys for review and picked up a couple for my Kindle either for free on as deals.  Without further ado.

From Netgalley:


Swerve Worthy Starborn
 
Swerve: Vicki Pettersson - This is compared to Gillian Flynn and Dean Koontz.  "One road. One woman. One killer."  Sounds like a good thriller.  It comes out July 7, 2015.  Thanks Gallery, Threshold, Pocket Books!
Worthy: Catherine Ryan Hyde - Great dog cover - need I say more?  Comes out June 2, 2015.  Thank to Lake Union Publishing for the advanced copy.
Starborn: Lucy Hounsom - A new fantasy trilogy.  This one releases April 23, 2015 so I hope to get to it soon.  Thanks Pan Macmillan for my copy.

For my Kindle:

Boundary Crossed Fido American Ghoul
pic name Serephim Hell's Angel

Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic #1): Melissa F. Olson - This was my Kindle First pick this month and the start of a new Urban Fantasy series. It isn't actually released until next month but can be pre-ordered .
Fifth Avenue Fido: Holly Schindler - I saw this on someone's blog during Top 10 Tuesday (sorry I can't recall who or I would give them credit) and when I read the synopsis, I couldn't resist picking it up.  Although someone tell me why there is a frog on the cover when the story centers around dogs and their owners?  There cannot be a shortage of cute dogs to put on the cover.
American Ghoul: Walt Morton - Picked up for free.  Love the cover.
Shades of Milk and Honey: Mary Robinette Kowal - This is a historical fiction series with shades of paranormal thrown in and for $1.99 I couldn't resist finally adding it.
Harbinger Seraphim of Prey: T.J. Siebeneck - Grabbed this for free when I saw it concerned demons.
Hell's Angel: Kim Faulks - Another free pick.  Actually like the cover although it could be considered cheesy to some I suppose.

So what did you guys get this week?  Leave me a comment/link so I can check out your stacks.  Thanks for visiting!


3 comments:

  1. That'a a nice assortment of books. You know, I was looking at Boundary Crossed and couldn't make up my mind. I may still pick it up. I have all of April to decide. Happy Reading!
    Tammy @ Bo's Book Nook
    New Follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is a good as it sounds. I love urban fantasy, but sometimes you don't know what you get. Thanks for visiting Tammy!

      Delete
  2. I've got the paperback of Dead Spots by Melissa F Olson on my tbr which I hope to read at some point! I like the sound of Boundary Crossed so it is going onto the wishlist today! Hopefully we'll both like it!

    ReplyDelete