Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Top 5 Wednesday - Series Endings (with a twist)


Top 5 Wednesday was created by Gingereadslainey on booktube and can also be found on goodreads.  The link is located HERE.  This week's topic is Top 5 Series Endings, but since I haven't finished a lot of series, I am twisting it a bit and mentioning 5 series I wish would end or are glad they finally did end...some for good reasons and some for reasons not so good.




1.  ANITA BLAKE SERIES by Laurell K. Hamilton.  This is the 23rd book in the series which is due out this summer.  I think I have read the first 8, they definitely get stranger as they go on. I would like to think I would be more encouraged to read them if I hadn't heard such bad things and if there seemed to be an end in sight.



2.  SOOKIE STACKHOUSE SERIES by Charlaine Harris.  The above book was the last one...I think,  It is 13.5 in the series.  I need to read the last 4 but to be honest, I lost interest in them.  The books sort of went "way out there" and I ended up getting them confused with the HBO series.  I will finish this some day on principle, and because a part of me wants to know how they end, but overall I am glad they are done.



3.  THE UNDEAD SERIES by Maryjanice Davidson.  So far I have read through #13 and this is #15 which is due out this summer.  These books, as well as the covers, have gotten worse as they progressed.



4.  THE DRESDEN FILES by Jim Butcher.  Wait!  Don't get me wrong.  I love this series and have only read the first 5,  This is number 15 which was released last year.  I seriously plan to continue with this series but it keeps going on and it has become a pretty daunting task.


5.  OTHERWORLD/SISTERS OF THE MOON SERIES by Yasmine Galenorn.  Another series I love,  I read the first 8 and then lost track.  It is one of my goals to catch up this year but since this is #17 and #18 is do out later this year, this is another overwhelming task.

So here you have it, my Top 5 with a Twist!  Hope you enjoyed.



3 comments:

  1. I ploughed on with Anita Blake from books 9-16, complaining about the same things until I finally decided to give up. I just got tired of the repeated drama and angst which is never resolved and plots that never change or go forward. No more LKH for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I am in no way convinced I will ever pick them up again. It is quite sad because they started off rather good. Maybe I need to just imagine my own ending and call it quits as well.

      Delete
  2. These all look good...I haven't read any of these authors yet...so I should definitely check them out. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete