Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Top5Wed - Frustrating Characters


Top 5 Wednesday was created by Gingereadslainey on booktube and can also be found on goodreads.  The link is located HERE.  This week we are looking at the Top 5 Frustrating Characters.  Although these are not in any particular order, #1 is and probably will always be the most frustrating character I have encountered.







1.  Bella Swan from Twilight.  Seriously, can you get more frustrating?  Many times I wanted to reach right in the book and smack her hard...and repeatedly.  So she was a teen? I don't recall being that stupid as a teen.  Now that I think about it, I could almost fill the entire Top 5 with Twilight characters...but I won't.



2.  Nick Dunne from Gone Girl.  Whether you loved him or hated him, at the ending I am sure you thought about thumping him.  Although he was not a standup character, he still seemed like a fairly smart man who made stupid decision after stupid decision. 



3.  Sookie from Charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhouse series.  This girl had a way of driving me mad.  I enjoyed the first few seasons of True Blood, and while I watched them to the end, the last few years the TV show and the books all blurred together and I don't know what happened where.  All I know is that it was a good thing she had fairy blood in her which is why so many people found her attractive, or else I can't imagine any man putting up with her for more than a few dates.




4.  Vampire Queen Betsy from Mary Janice Davidson's Undead series.  The first few books were hilarious and I still follow the series although I think it should have ended 4 books ago.  But even if you like her, Betsy is maddening.  She never does what she should, is always finding herself in trouble, and doesn't listen to reason.  Enough said.






5.  Shelby Jane Cooper AND her psychotic mother from Nick Lake's There Will Be Lies.  Shelby drove me crazy, which was fitting because basically the book is a whole lot of crazy.  She was an unreliable narrator and while I could live with that, I couldn't live with her stupidity.  I found her and her mother so frustrating I almost DNF'ed this book.






So there you have it?  Who made your list and do you agree or disagree with any of these.  Share your thoughts :)


4 comments:

  1. I am very with you on both Bella and Sookie, why are women in vampire fiction so frustrating? Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know but lots sure all. I'll take a snarky, bad-ass character any day. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I love this! YES to Sookie. I cannot tell you how many times I wanted to shake that girl. UGH, the last few books of that series were just insufferable. And I don't know a ton about Twilight, but just seeing Kristen Stewart makes me cringe, so I will have to agree there!
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally with you regarding Kristen Stewart. I have never liked her in anything and she will always be Bella to me.

    ReplyDelete