Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (2)


"Waiting on" Wednesday is weekly meme hosted over at Breaking the Spine which spotlights upcoming anticipated releases.  

Last night I arrived home from work to find Booker T in distress and pain.  It was obvious something was wrong and he seemed to be staggering.  After a frantic hour for his dad and I, he was finally rushed to the vet with the hopes of being seen.  Well, suffice to say our vet is the greatest.  He worked Booker right in.  He believes he suffered some kind of trauma to his back over the past few days and with his resting more once we returned to work, he got stiff.  He was given a shot, pain pills and 2 weeks worth of inflammatories.  Several hours later he was resting comfortably at home but he has to take it easy for a few days.  Almost impossible with a 95 pound pup in the house.  It was a very stressful night at the farm (Booker promises me he wasn't hunting zombies while his dad and I were at work, but I am not so sure:).  Anyways, today's waiting on Wednesday is in his honor and features dogs!


BITE THE BISCUIT: LINDA O. JOHNSTON - Releases May 8th, 2015.  Sometimes I just need a quick read and I find cozy mysteries just that.

Carrie Kennersly, a veterinary technician, has become known for offering healthy and popular dog treats at the clinic where she works. When the local bakery's owner moves away, Carrie jumps at the chance to convert it into the Barkery, a shop to make and sell her canine delights.

But Myra Ethman, co-owner of another pet product store, hates the new competition. At the Barkery's opening party, she badmouths Carrie's homemade dog biscuits, insisting she'll find a way to shut the place down. So when Myra is found dead with a Barkery biscuit beside her, Carrie must prove she didn't do it before she's collared for murder.


HONORABLE MENTION:

OUT TODAY!  ELLIE'S STORY: W.  Bruce Cameron



I love Cameron's Repo Man series and have collected all of his dog-related works so I will be on the lookout for this one!

Thanks for visiting and leave me a comment so I can see what you are waiting on.

3 comments:

  1. OMG, such ADORABLE covers!! I'm more of a horse person myself, but I still like these covers. As for the plot of the first one, it sounds pretty intriguing. I've never read a cozy mystery, but you're tempting me to try out this one!

    Hope you enjoy these books! Thanks for featuring them, as well as for dropping by and commenting on my WOW!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Last but definitely NOT least, I'm very glad that Booker T. is now doing fine! That's because he has such nice, loving parents!! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words Maria. Booker T and his parents think you rock!

      Delete