Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Top 10 Tuesday - Favorite Authors





The Top 10 weekly meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and can be found here.   Each week they focus on lists which cover various topics related to books and reading. This week we are looking at my Top 10 Favorite Authors.  This week should be a lot of fun although my list is in no particular order.

1.  Joe Hill.  I absolutely love Joe Hill and have recently fallen in love with the Locke and Key graphic novel series.  I have yet to read NOS4A2 which is sad because I pre ordered it from Amazon and it has sat on my shelf ever since.







2.  Yasmine Galenorn.  I have read at least the first 7or 8 of the Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon series and love her writing.  I have vowed to get caught up on the series this year.  The covers to her books rock and she writes great urban fantasy.







3.  Patricia Briggs.  Another wonderful urban fantasy writer.  I always love catching the newest installments of her Mercy Thompson series as well as her Alpha & Omega series. Another book for beautiful covers.








4.  Karen Marie Moning.  I love, love, love the Fever series.  I stumbled upon these books one day at the library, devoured the first 4 in the series, and never looked back.  I have never tried her Highlander series but have heard good things about it as well.  Her urban fantasy is just more my thing.






5.  Michael Koryta.  I have read several of his books and consider them great supernatural/thrilled reads.  Whenever he has a new book out, I am always interested.








6.  Anne Rice.  Although I never much got into the Vampire Lestat series, as a teen/young adult I was taken in by the Mayfair Witch series.  In fact, I now think I would like to reread them next year as it has been years since I last did.  I also really enjoy her Wolf Gift Chronicles.







7.  W. Bruce Cameron.  Cameron has such a unique take on dogs and the place they hold in many lives.  I own quite a few of his books, but have yet to read many.  I did love this one earlier this year and am eagerly looking forward to the next installment.







8.  Christopher Moore.  I have read tons of his books and love his style, humor and unique look at things.  A Dirty Job is one of my favorites although I also love Practical Demonkeeping and The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove.







9.  Kelley Armstrong.  Her Women of the Underworld series help fuel my lust for reading years ago and I pretty much devour whatever she writes within a month upon its release.  In my opinion, this is urban fantasy at its best.








10.  Stephen King.  I saved the best for last and for anyone who knows me, is this really a surprise?  King is king and I love almost everything he produces.









Who made your list?  Leave a comment so I can make sure to check out your blog. 









8 comments:

  1. I loved Joe Hill's 'Heart Shaped Box'...it was a great horror thriller. Stephen King introduced me to horror so I had to include him and his scary clowns. Yes to Patricia Briggs and Kelley Armstrong! Gotta love those wolf packs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. I figured our lists would have some in common. I really hope to reread Heart Shaped Box this year as I read it when it first came out and before I really knew who Joe Hill was.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all excellent choices, Barb! Joe Hill probably should have made my list as well. I've only just started the Fever series but am loving it and Christopher Moore is a must have in our house, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy the Fever series as much as I did. I have read all but the one which came out a few months ago and it is waiting patiently on my Kindle. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. I just learned the other day that W. Bruce Cameron has a new book out this summer called "The Dog Master: A Novel of the First Dog." I'm definitely planning to check that one out! I really liked "Midnight Plan" and "The Dogs of Christmas" but I still need to read "A Dog's Purpose." I've owned it for a while and finally started reading it right when our beloved boxer dog started to lose his battle with lymphoma and obviously I couldn't continue after that. It's been over a year, but I still feel like it would be too hard to pick it up again. I've pretty much avoided books about dogs in general since then. One of these days!

    The only Joe Hill I've read so far was "Horns," which I liked pretty well (though the movie was not so great). I definitely want to read "NOS4A2," which most people seem to have really enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsay, I am so sorry to hear about your boxer. I am a fellow boxer lover (as you can probably tell) and we have lost one to leukemia and one to lymphoma as well. They are such great dogs with such wonderful character, but sure are cursed in the health department. We currently have 2 and I wouldn't trade them for the moon.

      I agree that "Horns" was not a good movie. The book was so much better. I thought they made the movie a little "campy." Oh well, most books are better than their movie counterparts. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. Its so fun to see Christopher Moore on your list! I love his writing style!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete