Monday, April 27, 2015

Top 10 Tuesday - Favorite Books with Characters with Four Legs!

The Top 10 weekly meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and can be found here.   Each week they focus on lists which cover various topics related to books and reading. This week we are looking at my favorite characters with 4 legs.  A strange topic I know, but if you know me at all, once that makes sense.  As usual. these are in no particular order.


  
1.  BITTEN: Kelley Armstrong .  Clay and Elena from The Women of the Otherworld series are definitely your wolf powerhouse couple.

2. WRITTEN IN RED (The Others #1): Anne Bishop.  I love Simon.  And his relationship with Meg, while slow to develop, kills me with the anticipation of what might happen someday.

3.  ELYSIAN FIELDS (Sentinels of New Orleans #3): Suzanne Johnson.  Jake Warin is a great side character who is fighting his loup-garou nature which makes for some interesting times in this great series. And as an added plus, the 4th book just came out last week!

4.  MOON CALLED (Mercy Thompson #1): Patricia Briggs.  Although Mercy is a coyote shifter, her mate is a werewolf so they both qualify as some of my most favorite 4 legged characters. 


5.  A TASTE FUR MURDER (Whiskey, Tango and Foxtrot Mystery #1): Dixie Lyle.  This book has the most awesome ghost dog and ghost cat which help Deirdre solve animal related shenanigans.  Even though Whiskey and Tango are ghosts, they still have 4 legs.


6.  THE PATRON SAINT OF LOST DOGS (Cyrus Mills #1): Nick Trout.  The two books in this series are so great I recommend them any chance I get.  I really loved Freida Fuzzypaws who plays a wonderful role helping Cyrus adjust to small town life and realize that he really wants to spend his time saving animals.

7.  SURVIVING HENRY- ADVENTURES IN LOVING A CANINE CATASTROPHE: Erin Taylor Young.  Henry is a young boxer who manages to get into all kinds of trouble.  This true story by Young tells of the lengths a family will go to to try to keep a handful of dog in their home.  Of course, it doesn't hurt that Henry is a boxer.

8. LOST DOGS AND LONELY HEARTS: Lucy Dillon.  I absolutely loved how Bertie the Bassett helped mend broken hearts in this book by one of my favorite authors.  If you love dogs and enjoy books about their relationships and healing capabilities with humans, definitely pick up Dillon's books.

9.  THE MIDNIGHT PLAN OF THE REPO MAN: W. Bruce Cameron.  Ruddy saves Jake the Bassett early on in this series and Jake is the epitome of a often lazy, sometimes hungry, and always loyal best friend.


10.  DEFINITELY DEAD (Sookie Stackhouse #6): Charlaine Harris.  This book came out when the series was still on the most-anticipated release list for me.  I adore Quinn the shifter tiger and felt he and Sookie had a chemistry together which should have been explored further.

So I guess this is a pretty strange list but please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas.  Also leave a link for your lists!  Thanks for visiting,


7 comments:

  1. Bitten! Moon Called! Two of my favourite ever series and lots of furry wolves to cuddle! I just can't get enough of these two series and I can't wait to grab those Mercy Thompson and Otherworld anthologies later this year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME topic! And such awesome books here! The Mercy Thompson series is one of my favorites. On the YA side, I also love Victoria Scott's Fire & Flood series and on the adult side, I love the Phoenix Pack and the Alpha Pack series by J.D. Tyler!

    My Top 10 Characters Who Are Athletes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice idea for a list! I think I did a similar one a while back, with animal characters. Have you read The Art of Racing in the Rain?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can't believe I totally forgot to mention Enzo. He definitely should be included. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. This is a great list! Some of these I haven't heard of before
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually haven't read any of the books on your list! I'll have to check some of them out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This really iss a very original TTT. Sadly, I've only read "Moon Called" from your list. But I found some interesting books that I'll have to take a look at.

    Happy readings! :)

    ReplyDelete