Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Top 5 Wednesday - Favorite Jokester Characters



Top 5 Wednesday was created by Gingereadslainey on booktube and can also be found on goodreads.  The link is located HERE.  This week we are looking at top 5 joksters. This was somewhat hard for me, but I think I managed it.



Jenks from Kim Harrison's The Hollows series.  Jenks is Rachel's fairy sidekick, at times her voice of reason, and resident trickster. He is one of the reasons I love this series so dearly.  If you haven't tried this out yet, give it a go! I think it's one of the best urban fantasies out there.


Rudy the dog from the Dog Walker's Mystery series.  Sadly Judi McCoy passed away while writing the 8th book but there as quaint cozy mysteries and Ellie can hear dogs talk so you know life with her sidekick Rudy has to be a trip.  Rudy is funny and sometimes obnoxious and loves playing tricks on Ellie and her friends.


Jean Lafitte from Suzanne Johnson's Sentinels of New Orleans series.  This is another great urban fantasy and Jean is often a pain in DJ's side, but he is such a jokester and I can't wait for this next installment to come out this month.


Fred and George Weasley from Harry Potter. Do I really have to say anything else?


Anne Bishop has included several jokesters in her Other's Series.  Scene's with Sam the wolf pup are usually comical as are some of the other inhabitants in the courtyard.  Another wonderful urban fantasy?

Who made you list?  I can't wait to see!

5 comments:

  1. One thing I love in books is when you get that witty sidekick or animal familiar who keeps you entertained during the story. I have a lot of books like that on my shelf and it makes the dialogue fun. Nice list! I hope to read Written in Red at some point this year-though I'm saying that about nearly every book on my tbr...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would recommend it sooner than later. I love this series and can't believe I have to wait until next year for #4. And I agree, animal sidekicks are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HP is the only book I've read from your list, but you've talked about Written in Red several times, so I should check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do and I hope you love it. I do talk it up quite a bit but I think they are so good. The first three are out so if you like them, you can always marathon them

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete